You can type here any text you want

Should I switch to the fast xfi stand alone?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
That is not correct. You are not on your own. Those tables are part of the start up program I install in the box when you receive it. Adjusting them is part of the initial start up tuning we do.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

Let me re-phrase my response........If you don;t buy a system from Cal you could possibly be on your own to tune all aspects of the system...........o_O. All I can say it has the best user interface of all the systems I;ve seen.

It will adjust automatically. The fueling will be covered by the WBO2 and adaptive learning, The timing covered by a table I preprogram in the tune. You really don't HAVE to adjust the tune once you get the initial setup correct unless you make a big change like larger injectors, alky injection, stroker crank, etc..

Hi Cal

The winter months are here, and I should be giving you a call after the holidays. I was in Florida a month ago and I wanted to pass by and see you, because sometimes you get a lot more said in person then with emails and phone calls. But then I found out you were 4 hours away from where I was, so I knew this wasn`t going to work with my wife and kids.
Anyways, one of my questions is that I have been debating if I should switch to running race fuel on my car at all times compared to running alky and pump fuel. You see the weather up here in Montreal gets pretty chilly in October and most of the time this is when I go to the track before storing my car for winter. I have heard that cold weather and alky is not a good thing because the alky with the cold weather puddles and could cause detonation which could lead to engine failure or blown head gaskets. So before switching to XFI I need to know which tune you should put for me in there (for race fuel or alky). With 25 or maybe max 27 lbs of boost which one should make the most power and also be the safest for my engine? I know you are going to tell me that running race fuel all the time is more costly, but the reason I would switch over is because I only put about 600 miles on my car per year. What I am also worried about running race fuel all the time is that somebody told me I will be fouling my spark plugs all the time. This is already an issue that I have with my car that started this year for a reason I can't figure out, and hoping by switching to the fast XFI will solve this problem. Maybe they are fouling because my 10 mm magnacor spark plug wires are 16 years old, which I plan on changing next summer. Looking at the set up in my signature should I upgrade to 95 lbs injectors if I switch to race fuel only or are my 80 pounders enough?
Thanks for your help or to anybody that wants to chip in and give me their advice. Cal I will be giving you a call soon.

Thanks,
Marco

The XFI has the ability to store more than one program inside it. So it would be easy just to have both tunes. You can either use a switch or the new eDash to swap between them.
Unless your IAT's are real low, alky should still work fine. You can monitor them in the XFI. As long as your fuel system is up to the task, you should be fine with the 80# injectors at your current performance level. Once again, the XFI will display your injector duty cycle% and let you know if you start to get close. I look forward to your call, and THANK YOU for considering us.

^^^^^^More great service right there. I can't wait until I can afford an XFI. Merry Christmas Cal! Good luck evil!

Marco we are 3 people up here running Cal's programs and have no complaints. He helped me tune my car while he was driving in his car. Can't get a better Tech support than that.

The XFI has the ability to store more than one program inside it. So it would be easy just to have both tunes. You can either use a switch or the new eDash to swap between them.
Unless your IAT's are real low, alky should still work fine. You can monitor them in the XFI. As long as your fuel system is up to the task, you should be fine with the 80# injectors at your current performance level. Once again, the XFI will display your injector duty cycle% and let you know if you start to get close. I look forward to your call, and THANK YOU for considering us.
Cal I think I decided to switch over to E85 but I need your help on what needs to be changed on my car to run it. I have stock fuel lines, stock fuel rail and a double pumper set up with 2 walbro pumps which the second is set to come on at 18lbs. When it comes to the Fast XFI do I need any thing else to run the E85. I would really love to get this car into the nines, could you please tell me what I need to convert to make this happen.

Thanks,
Marco

As far as the XFI is concerned, you will need large injectors. If you think you might be going back and fourth between pump gas and E85 I would put a flex fuel sensor in. This allows you to mix the fuel based upon what is available. If you know you will only be running E85, then the sensor isn't as critical, but still very helpful

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Back