You can type here any text you want

SI Head Flow Data Sheet

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

greeneyegi

I had a set of Brand new TA SI heads minor porting and then flowed and don't know how to read the numbers. Instead of calling someone I thought maybe somebody else can learn also?
I attached the flow sheets and can use help knowing any info I can get from them from you guys with experience. Like which #s represent the actual cfm to look at.
Whats difference between "corr cfm" and "Port Velocity" ?
Any other #s that mean alot when reading these.

Thanks
edited pg1.jpg
Pg 2.jpeg

Last edited:
That's Alil hard to belive a lightly ported set that's flowing close to 250 cfm . my TA SE flowed out the box at 28" like 200cfm intake and 170cfm exhaust . What's the highest flowing set of TA heads you have seen ?

Im pretty sure I can answer this but in fear of being flamed and condemned by the scientist and engineers on this page, I'll just say that's a nice flowing set of heads (y)

Im pretty sure I can answer this but in fear of being flamed and condemned by the scientist and engineers on this page, I'll just say that's a nice flowing set of heads (y)
Yes I agree with you on that .

I've been told with minor porting especially on the exhaust, these heads really flow.

Yes indeed, looks good. The intake just keeps going....

I had a set of Brand new TA SI heads minor porting and then flowed and don't know how to read the numbers. Instead of calling someone I thought maybe somebody else can learn also?
I attached the flow sheets and can use help knowing any info I can get from them from you guys with experience. Like which #s represent the actual cfm to look at.
Whats difference between "corr cfm" and "Port Velocity" ?
Any other #s that mean alot when reading these.
Maybe Mods want this in the HOW to section?
Thanks
View attachment 306919 View attachment 306920
Likes like another 8 sec head.

Is the "corr cfm" the # you actually go by? And if so I see the exhaust doesnt pick up much more then a couple cfm per .050 after .500.
Im a novice at the numbers so keep it dumbed down for my sake.

Is the "corr cfm" the # you actually go by? And if so I see the exhaust doesnt pick up much more then a couple cfm per .050 after .500.
Im a novice at the numbers so keep it dumbed down for my sake.

Yea.

248cfm is about what I'd expect from the level 2 porting you got. TA's flow like 21x out the box, and TA says that the first 2 levels of porting are good for about 15-20cfm each, so a 248 makes sense.

Shit, if a 240cfm head is good for 8s, no wonder my heads have gone 7.60's....

Last edited:
Back