SICK 87 Turbo T, TONS invested, trans slips, NJ

Car looks to be very well done. Quick question though........what brand gauge pod is that on the A pillar?

That car would have been snapped up pretty quickly around here.

Good question, I couldn't tell you honestly since it was there when I got it.

Back to the top!

Powermaster is in. Turned out not to even be a fault in the powermaster. An o-ring in one caliper was defective. It wouuldn't leak enough to notice a difference in the master but let enough air in the system that I had no pedal. $1000 later:eek:...car's fixed.

It has the new Cardone powermaster w/lifetime warranty, rebuilt passenger caliper, and even resurfaced drums. Stops NIIIIICE now!!

Since I don't need it buyer can have the original powermaster as well, for spare parts or to sell. The motor on that unit was a little loud though, which is why I just kept the new unit instead of returning it.

Bump again, new power steering pump too. Forgot to mention it.

I've also been laid off so now I have no choice in keeping or selling it...car has to go.

Anyone who knows these cars knows this is an absolute steal!! I'm pretty much giving it away at this point. Throw in a nice trans and you have just about the sweetest and most reliable T ever!!

Man, Im telling you that car is a steal as it sits. I bought my car pretty much as a low 12 sec car for $9950, 4yrs ago, so this car is a steal and is much nicer. The economy is not kind to anyone these days that would want this car, thats why you have alot of non serious tire kickers who offer low ball $. I cant beleive you selling. You have already dropped enough money into it since starting this thread to just keep it and replace the trans? You either love them or just like them I guess. Love the wheels

Man, Im telling you that car is a steal as it sits. I bought my car pretty much as a low 12 sec car for $9950, 4yrs ago, so this car is a steal and is much nicer. The economy is not kind to anyone these days that would want this car, thats why you have alot of non serious tire kickers who offer low ball $. I cant beleive you selling. You have already dropped enough money into it since starting this thread to just keep it and replace the trans? You either love them or just like them I guess. Love the wheels

Thanks for the comments! It sucks but ya gotta do what ya gotta do...:rolleyes:

May be taking it off the road for a while soon, my buddy's sister is letting me take the car and just pay her off when the T goes. I'm probably going to throw it right on the road, which means the T goes to mom's house for storage. Anyone want to take it before that??

Does it need the alky at 20#'s boost or just when you turn it up? I had that on my car in the early days, and just didnt care for it. If it has a leak and your driving around, you could put your engine in a hurt situation couldnt you?

what boost can it run with out knock on 93 oct? Does the Alky system really tell when its low, becuase I have friends that it doesnt always, when they have a glitch in the system justfrom wear and tear.

just a thought get a friend, camera, do a 60mph roll and sure it will get more potential to sellin your car

Doesn't NEED the alky where it's at now(20psi). But I have it on low just for ****s & giggles. The kit in this car is about the best you can get, and the level sensor is wired to the low fuel light, which does indeed work. Had it come on, checked my alky tank and it was getting low.

I'd love to take a vid but I don't know anyone with a camera. I mean, the car's sick. No one's really even come to see it. My recommendation, if you THINK you might like the car, come see it. Chances are very good you'll be impressed.

ive got an 01 z28 convertible if you were interested in trades, thats an awsome car you have there thought man

Last price drop, $11,000 absolutely FIRM, not a penny less. If I can't get this for it it's not going anywhere.

Post holiday bump!

Come on guys, now that you had your big dinners I know someone out there wants a few scoops of turbo 6 for desert! I got all you can eat right here!:biggrin: