SICK 87 Turbo T, TONS invested, trans slips, NJ

That thing is purdy.

Thanks!!

Update: Just changed the trans fluid & filter and noticed an IMMEDIATE difference! It still slips unfortunately, but not half as bad as it did. Hopefully it'll get even better as the fluid circulates more.:confused:

My GN buddy said the trans doesn't look stock either, he said it looks like it has some beefier parts in it. What that means I couldn't tell you. Maybe a basic overhaul would fix it. That'd be nice.

BUMP!

back up

I'm amazed...no interest?! Car's extremely well built and one of the cleanest examples I've seen. With a little tlc it'd make someone extremely happy!

Too bad you are so far away from Utah ! By the time I pay shipping and build a new trans,its more than I need to spend right now on a toy. Up for a very nice looking car,best of luck on your sale !

Too bad you are so far away from Utah ! By the time I pay shipping and build a new trans,its more than I need to spend right now on a toy. Up for a very nice looking car,best of luck on your sale !

Thanks man! Yea by the time you ship it it'll probably add almost $1k to the overall price. I mean I'd be glad to work out something with anyone considering shipping it, and like I said it's not like I'm totally stubborn on the price, I'm just trying to get out without losing my shirt.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^Back up top!!

I've had a lot of trade offers, some damn decent ones too, but I'm really set on buying the one car i mentioned. Plus there's the old fact that people are stupid and half the people who say they're "serious" are asshats. I'm getting trade offers going south for no reason at all, half of them never even respond when I say I'm interested in the trade. Needless to say, NO MORE TRADES. I'm tired of the BS.

Then there's the old "I have to ask the wife". :rolleyes: JESUS. Please people, if you need to ask your wife then have HER call me and bring the cash. This is just sad. The day that becomes me is the day before I get DIVORCED.

Then I get the, "I'll give you $9500 because it needs a trans." YOU THINK SO, ASSHAT?! It only says it plain as day. READ THE AD. There's no BS in it. You can see what you're getting, if you don't want it, don't even offer. I JUST paid $13,500 which was reasonable considering the build, and am asking WAY less than that now, to cover the trans. CAPICHE?

Ok sorry guys, I'm done ranting. I just don't understand people...no f*cking sense.:biggrin:

Seriously though, Shoot me some reasonable offers people...you never know. And THIS DOESN'T APPLY TO YOU, lowballers...you guys just stay cheap scumbags and keep to yourselves. :biggrin:

Trans seems to be getting better and better by the day...not saying it won't need one, but I think it'll hold out quite a while like it sits. There's not much of a long pause between shifts anymore.

And I know I mentioned it but seriously...it's FREAKING FAST!!!! I love having to pass traffic at a 60 roll, you can basically surgically plant yourself in any lane in front of any car, regardless of how fast they're going. It snaps to 90 like you're snapping your fingers!:eek:

FYI: I'm driving it daily right now just because I'm enjoying it. So for those wondering it CAN be done. It's as streetable as anything else.

Trans seems to be getting better and better by the day...not saying it won't need one, but I think it'll hold out quite a while like it sits. There's not much of a long pause between shifts anymore.

And I know I mentioned it but seriously...it's FREAKING FAST!!!! I love having to pass traffic at a 60 roll, you can basically surgically plant yourself in any lane in front of any car, regardless of how fast they're going. It snaps to 90 like you're snapping your fingers!:eek:

FYI: I'm driving it daily right now just because I'm enjoying it. So for those wondering it CAN be done. It's as streetable as anything else.

this thing must be a blast to drive on the street.

how does it handle with all that suspension work?

this thing must be a blast to drive on the street.

how does it handle with all that suspension work?

If I said it was like a Lotus Elise I'd be full of **** but for a 22yr old G-body...it's AMAZING!! The whole setup is done so perfectly and dialed in 100% that it just rips around turns.

It's especially fun when some import thinks they're going to lose you in the turns and you fly up on them like they're driving a minivan. SUCKERS!:biggrin:

TTT again...brake pedal went fuzzy so I decided not to play games. Ordered a complete new powermaster unit with lifetime warranty. It will be installed next weekend. That in mind I'm not going to be negitiating much now since after it gets a trans it'll basically be the most reliable T-type on earth.

We'll call it $11,500 FIRM as it sits, or $11k and I keep the spare parts.

TTT again...brake pedal went fuzzy so I decided not to play games. Ordered a complete new powermaster unit with lifetime warranty. It will be installed next weekend. That in mind I'm not going to be negitiating much now since after it gets a trans it'll basically be the most reliable T-type on earth.

We'll call it $11,500 FIRM as it sits, or $11k and I keep the spare parts.

I sure hope you sell this thing quick,my bank acct almost cant stand it ! Good thing you are so far away ! Best of luck to you,I will keep watching,hopefully I can hold out for a closer car !

I sure hope you sell this thing quick,my bank acct almost cant stand it ! Good thing you are so far away ! Best of luck to you,I will keep watching,hopefully I can hold out for a closer car !

LOL! You and me both. I'm on pins & needles hoping my buddy's sis doean't sell her car before I do. In the mean time let me know if there's anything I can do to further persuade your bank account!:biggrin:

It won't be ready for a week and a half yet because I wouldn't let it go like this, but once the new powermaster's in she's good to roll! You could always ship it too...I know a few places that are damn reasonable. Found a few that were like $700-800 to go completely across the country.

Other things I thing I forgot to mention, I put in a brand new belt tensioner and also a brand new TPS sensor. At this point the car's almost literally a frame-off restoration. The body's been off the frame when it had all new mounts put in, and been apart when it was painted. All brand new electronics, nice built motor, suspension that'd make a road course car jealous, all new mods, and high dollar ones at that...what else could you ask for people?? BUY HER!!!!:cool:

And also, for anyone wondering, the suspension's been done RIGHT. If you're wondering how it's been aligned, etc...the tires were put on just before it was all done, probably about 15k miles on them, maybe a bit less, and they still look BRAND NEW, they're wearing so evenly it's like a new car. No odd wear patterns like a lot of other car's that have been tampered with.

Oh, blower motor is now fixed as well.

when can i come by and kick the tires and talk you into taking me for a ride so i can check out the suspension :D

when can i come by and kick the tires and talk you into taking me for a ride so i can check out the suspension :D

Anytime! You local? I'd be glad to set something up. The new powermaster unit arrives tuesday and if all goes well I'll have it installed by next weekend. Any time after that's good.

I could take you out now but holding your feet out the door to stop at 90mph probably wouldn't do too well.:eek:

Anytime! You local? I'd be glad to set something up. The new powermaster unit arrives tuesday and if all goes well I'll have it installed by next weekend. Any time after that's good.

I could take you out now but holding your feet out the door to stop at 90mph probably wouldn't do too well.:eek:

awesome, thanx! :D
yah, im in hudson county, only about a half hour to edison (w/ no traffic)
would love to see how this thing handles!

i really like this car, i work in cranbury, how far are you from there?

Ha! About 20 minutes without traffic. I used to work in Cranbury myself. Where do you work? I was at a place called United Stationers a few years back. It's right off the turnpike up past the Lennox outlet.

I'm exit 10 off the turnpike and i'm about literally 2 minutes from the exit.

Car looks to be very well done. Quick question though........what brand gauge pod is that on the A pillar?

That car would have been snapped up pretty quickly around here.