You can type here any text you want

Single turbo C6 Z06 Vette runs 8's on pump gas.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

86brick

It's just a V6 Brick.....
[video=youtube;EKg2hfW9sEM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKg2hfW9sEM[/video]

dam those vetts. wat junk....:D pretty sweet. those guys got the 4l80 nailed down on most all their fast cars. 8.64! really? thats just crazy. drive to the track blast off mid 8's and drive home. must be nice.

I almost bought a Turbo Mustang from a kid that works at that shop last year. went to the facility to check out the mustang and go for a ride. passed on it but they had 7 or 8 ZO6's in the shop all getting turbo kits or blowers. quite impressive facility and classy bunch of guys.

dam those vetts. wat junk....:D pretty sweet. those guys got the 4l80 nailed down on most all their fast cars. 8.64! really? thats just crazy. drive to the track blast off mid 8's and drive home. must be nice.

That 4L80 is a sweet piece, but not cheap. Guess if you got the bucks that is the way to go if you want to still retain the OD for the street.

yea but for the price one spends rebuilding a 200 a 4l80 is a wash in the end im sure. I wonder wat converter they opt for? no sales tax in Delaware either

On the second run is that how a double bulb situation is handled? The Zo6 double bulbs, the right lane guy said "no way" and the starter backs you up and you stage again?

The Rossler 4L80's built up, cost around $5 to 6k and can handle up to 1500 hp in some cases. Mid 8's is common for these now in 3400 pound cars. I bet you could go bottom 8's even as long as you have the tranny checked about every few times to the track. Most of the LS guys run 3800-4500 stall with the ladder being 4500 when hitting 8.80's or faster

And I thought my trans cost a lot. I'd better watch out for these turbo vettes. That would be a pretty embarrasing defeat. Car is nice and quiet too.

My buddy priced a built 4l80e for his C5 and the price was around $11k with a converter. The 4l80e's for the C5's look nothing like a conventional 4l80e because of the rear trans configuration and the output of the trans is bascially the pinion for the rear gear. There is a lot of custom machine work that goes into making them fit. I am not sure about the C6's but I bet they are about the same.

Back