You can type here any text you want

SINISTR is hittin' the bottle

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TurboSlacker

SINISTR
SMC alky kit is on the way.

Bill & Frank,
How about some tips on installing this thing?

Where's the best deal on denatured alcohol locally ?

Originally posted by TurboSlacker
SMC alky kit is on the way.

Bill & Frank,
How about some tips on installing this thing?

Where's the best deal on denatured alcohol locally ?

Is it a dual nozzel setup with the pressure gauge? The best deal for denatured comes from Chris P. His neighbor works at ACE and gets it at cost. Otherwise its pretty much $10 a gallon.

Bring it over and I'll help you put it in.

Sorry to highjack, but Frank I'm puttin' alchy on my Xmas list. Is the dual nozzel setup or the boost sensitive kit better? Is there any problems w/doing the trunk mount kit?

ADUM

Originally posted by HYBRIDT
Sorry to highjack, but Frank I'm puttin' alchy on my Xmas list. Is the dual nozzel setup or the boost sensitive kit better? Is there any problems w/doing the trunk mount kit?

ADUM

The SMC kit is boost sensitive. I don't have a lot of experience with various kits. I have a simple single jet SMC kit with a gallon tank and LOVE IT!

Dan's is going to have a whole new world open up to him with that kit, and same to you. I actually made more power on the dyno with a tuned alky kit then I did with Race gas.

Frank

When I was on SMCs website they were talking about a boost variable pump speed kit and a MAF variable pump speed kit.

????????

ADAM

Originally posted by HYBRIDT
When I was on SMCs website they were talking about a boost variable pump speed kit and a MAF variable pump speed kit.

????????

ADAM

Intresting, I'll have to chech Steve's site out to learn more about the MAF variable kit.

FS

It's a single nozzle kit without the pressure switch. It's a used one of the same era as yours, Frank. It will be here this weekend.

No problem joining the discussion, Adam. Sounds like we're both in for some real fun soon.

Originally posted by TurboSlacker
It's a single nozzle kit without the pressure switch. It's a used one of the same era as yours, Frank. It will be here this weekend.

No problem joining the discussion, Adam. Sounds like we're both in for some real fun soon.

When will you be putting it in? It's still raining up there right? If you start installing the SMC this weekend, when installing the controller to the side of the dash, if you mount it there, make suer that the dash is dry and clean then heat up the back side of the velcro with a lighter and get it good and hot then stick it to the dash. Mine would get falling off until Bill showed me this trick.

Frank

Installation complete.
Testing results were impressive. I was able to run 23 lbs of boost with zero knock. Before alky I could only run 17lbs with 0-1 deg of knock. I ran out of turbo before I ran into knock problems. No surprise with my stock turbo. In fact, I had to turn the pump speed down to 4 before I registered any knock retard. I set it at 5 and started uping the turn-on point to around 12 lbs of boost. More tuning to do. I think I'll try different mixtures 70/30 and 50/50 denatured alcohol and distilled water. I also have a 100 octane Thrasher to try out.

Back