Slammed Turbo Regal Picture Thread........

Just took some new pictures so I thought I'd post em up. Was running 28" 275/60 MT DRs all the time, but switched to 25.7" 275/50 Nitto DRs for street duty. This lowered the rear almost 1.2" and I think it looks a lot better. Front tires are 235/60/15 radials.

Centerline Convo Pros all around. Up front are 15x7s, 3-3/8" backspace. Out back are 15x8.5s, 5" backspace with a frame notch. For the suspension, up front are SPC springs from Savitske C&C with the Howe taller lower ball joints they sell. In the rear are Belltech 5100 springs.

Measures 24.5" to the fender well in the front, 25.6" to the fender well in the rear. Pictures could look a little better, but oh well. At the track on the DRs, easy low 1.5 60fts. Still running Lakewood drag shocks, 70/30 up front and 50/50 in the rear. Also have an H&R rear sway bar, stock boxed lower and stock upper control arms all with poly bushings, and a spool. ;)
photo6.jpgphoto8.jpgphoto.jpg

Just took some new pictures so I thought I'd post em up. Was running 28" 275/60 MT DRs all the time, but switched to 25.7" 275/50 Nitto DRs for street duty. This lowered the rear almost 1.2" and I think it looks a lot better. Front tires are 235/60/15 radials.

Centerline Convo Pros all around. Up front are 15x7s, 3-3/8" backspace. Out back are 15x8.5s, 5" backspace with a frame notch. For the suspension, up front are SPC springs from Savitske C&C with the Howe taller lower ball joints they sell. In the rear are Belltech 5100 springs.

Measures 24.5" to the fender well in the front, 25.6" to the fender well in the rear. Pictures could look a little better, but oh well. At the track on the DRs, easy low 1.5 60fts. Still running Lakewood drag shocks, 70/30 up front and 50/50 in the rear. Also have an H&R rear sway bar, stock boxed lower and stock upper control arms all with poly bushings, and a spool. ;)
Looks good. Couple of questions, did the 275/60s fit with it lowered without the frame notch or was the notch for the 275/50s? Did you roll the rear wheel wells? If you used a different rim with a different b/s do you think you would still need the notch. Are you running a front mount or stock location intercooler? How much clearance do you have with the front lowered? I like the height you have, not too low. Just don't want to bottom out on the intercooler scoop.

Thanks for the compliments.

I have a front mount intercooler. No issues rubbing there. The lowest point are the mufflers, actually the U-bolts pointed down, that have hit a couple times. Running a dual 3" ATR exhaust.

With the 5" backspace rims, a frame notch is required. I have the wheel wells rolled and 28" tires tuck under nice. Before the frame notch I ran the 275/60s on different backspace rims so the outer edge of the tires were much closer to the wheel wells. I had to run the rear of the car a lot higher so they wouldn't rub. After the frame notch I got the 5" backspace rims to tuck the wheels in more and realized I could lower the car a lot and not worry about rubbing. I can run 28x10.5 slicks on 5" backspace rims with the rear lowered and no rubbing.

Without a frame notch it would be tough to lower the car that much with 275/60s. On the 28" tires, the rear fenders were measuring just under 27". So the tire was tucked in over an inch. You'd have to move the tire in so it doesn't rub...... meaning more backspace... meaning a frame notch. With a super stiff rear suspension setup that barely moves you can cut it a lot closer though. Driving the car around on the street over all kinds of bumps, turns, etc it never rubbed in the rear on the 28" tires with my lowered setup though.

Crappy pics of my car that still needs lots of cosmetic work, but here we go:

It's not slammed, but lower than stock. I have SPC springs, custom UB Machine front UCA's, and Power Performance Motorsports 1/2" taller balljoints top and bottom. The rims are GTA's with the rears widened to 8.5". 245/50 fronts and 255/50 rears. The first pic is with the convo pros on.

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

Old thread resurrection!!! Installed QA1 coil overs in the front and dropped it, but had to raise it a bit because I need narrower front tires, and the intercooler scoop kept rubbing... Time for a front mount

image-129353801.jpg

image-2379046725.jpg

Good thread to bring back up!

Mine's not quite as slammed anymore for the sake of getting a little better launches but here's a pictre of my dusty beast just after getting it back off the jackstands from a LOOOOOOONNNNGGGGG.....rest!:confused: It's still 2" lower than my stock car is!
2012-06-13_13.50.28.jpg

Not slamed but just drop a little. Chicago is full of nasty pot wholes to drop a car more than 2 inches. Hey bozzo u got a bad looking GN..

Attachments

• image-1421360334.jpg
    image-1421360334.jpg
    415.5 KB · Views: 379
Good thread to bring back up!

Mine's not quite as slammed anymore for the sake of getting a little better launches but here's a pictre of my dusty beast just after getting it back off the jackstands from a LOOOOOOONNNNGGGGG.....rest!:confused: It's still 2" lower than my stock car is! View attachment 179893
hope to see this at rockn rods this summer!

this thread makes me want another turbo car......... I havent been around here for a long time. Jeremy your car looks different with the big tire, still cool, but different.

this thread makes me want another turbo car......... I havent been around here for a long time. Jeremy your car looks different with the big tire, still cool, but different.

Hey man, nice to see you back! Yeah I still have my 18's for the rear, just did a little playing around with it to test different launch patterns. Still trying to nail it to hook really hard and still be low. Its not easy but it will be done!

Hey man, nice to see you back! Yeah I still have my 18's for the rear, just did a little playing around with it to test different launch patterns. Still trying to nail it to hook really hard and still be low. Its not easy but it will be done!
WOW....is SINFULL actually moving under its own power or did you push it out of the garage for a picture sitting!?!:eek: