You can type here any text you want

smoooke!!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

86 got boost

fresh rebuild, started, ran for 30 min, at 2500 rpm, yes flat tap cam, she pumped smoke pretty bad for about 15 min. then cleared to a small bit, and when shut down than restart, she puffed...:(
Next day changed oil an filter. started. smoked and smoked, but I started losing fuel pressure, no fuel, my sender off... so shut down and said WTF!:mad:
I pulled all the plugs, not one of the plugs were wet and when I looked in the cylinders, the dish on diamonds had a little oil settled in them... not pooled dont get that wrong, checked oil stick was half a quart over, drained access to level.
been goin through all the forums and heard some things about the intake gasket not clearing the spill off from turbo and splashing on top and getting sucked by the PCV... and PCV being bad, have not checked that issue goin to plug after I get some GO GO JUICE:biggrin:

might have to pull valve covers and see if one of the seals popped, and can I change seals while heads in car, guides have been machined for seals and there stock heads...

By chance did you install ported heads with stainless Valves?

if so were the Exhaust guides machined to accept valve seals?

I've seen this several times now. they smoke like mad because factory exhaust valves are cut on the stem to collect oil and expell it back inside the head. New valves will not do this.

heads are stock, but seals are new, the heads had seals put in by old owner before I purchased in 2000
Now I ran the car again, for 1/2 hr. for 15 min. smoked bad, the last 15 min it cleared but a small barely see fog coming out, give it gas and poof!
I pulled plugs, dry. pulled valve covers, seals all intack. pluged PCV system, no change,

BUT I see oil spitting from one of the exh. bolts on the exh. side of turbo, the bolt is tight, but oil not coming from gasket, leaking from the head of bolt? and I did not drip nothing, I had wiped and blew off w, pressureized air and it came right back...

could I remove the cross over pipe from the exh. and delete the turbo all together and see if I can get any smoke from just motor? Im numbering things down to the last thing and need national help... I rebuilt motor to fix this problem, but I had 20% leakage on cylinder 2 and plug was caked, w oil....
I spent months on this engine doing it right making sure I look over everything, I hate doin **** twice, the turbo was rebuilt years ago but only has but a 1000 miles since....

pulled cross over pipe and no oil in pipes, started and no smoke, pulled the DP and walla oil filled in the exh. side thank u to all the people that looked but couldnt give a suggestion, to what others have found or a check here for answers... the first......

yes, but brought turbo in this morning and explained to the guy what happen and what I found, the guy said it cant be the turbo, I said u can see right there all the oil in the exh. side, so he pulled apart right there and showed me, no wear, I was stumped... I said go ahead and put a new seal in anyway, which is not a seal its more like a piston ring... for $75 wasn't bad.
He said go home and check the return pipe for any kinks or restrictions.
so I went home and checked tube, ok... checked turbo, ok... w/ compressed air.
mounted turbo an mounted tube checked again, and had restriction, but u cant see it if your looking at it,
bran new braided 5/8 line... well I had to do some adjusting to tube, and checked again w/ compressed air... now I can hear the air flowing inside the engine.
Ran again w/ cross over pipe off for about 5 min. no reving and let the oil flow through the turbo, watched for oil w/ down pipe off and then I shut down, checked out and was dry, so tomorrow im going to put all back together and run w/ all in place...

Back