So if you just got a 2003 Cobra....

turbojimmy

Supporting Member
....would you rush home, open the JC Whitney catalog, and order up the most hideous, tallest wing for under $200 you could find? Would you then have it painted to match and bolt it to the back of your new Cobra?

I wouldn't, but I saw someone who did. Was at the local pizza shop tonight, which borders the Ford dealer service lot. The car was there for service. Had I seen it driving by I would've thought it was a 6-cylinder done up like a Cobra. But I stopped to look at it - it was the real deal. I wanted to vomit. Or set it on fire to put it out of its misery. But I just went home shaking my head. WTF is wrong with people?

Just had to share....

Jim

I saw a dark red one locally with a big white "COBRA" sticker across the windshield, and some other "custom" stuff. Just chuckled to myself. Whatever trips your trigger, I guess. When I find them and blow them away this summer, they'll probably be saying, "Yeah, but what an ugly black car what with no stickers or anything!" :rolleyes:

I never understood the purpose of those huge windshield banners. I mean, anyone who is in into cars probably knows it's a Cobra, and doesn't need to read a banner that covers 1/2 the windshield area to figure it out. And anyone who isn't into cars probably doesn't give a crap what kind of car it is.

Steve

I think I would rush home and buy a smaller pulley and open up the exhaust.:D What a moron I am!:rolleyes: Its a shame that a moron like that could afford a new Cobra.

Originally posted by Black Box
I never understood the purpose of those huge windshield banners. I mean, anyone who is in into cars probably knows it's a Cobra, and doesn't need to read a banner that covers 1/2 the windshield area to figure it out. And anyone who isn't into cars probably doesn't give a crap what kind of car it is.

Steve

Ditto.