You can type here any text you want

So overwhelmed

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Great news my new exhaust from TA is on the way everything from cat. to head so pumped. 100 lb. springs what p/n and on start up blue smoke what intake valve seals and spring compressor tool. I love working on my old girl it makes me happyđź‘Ť TY for the help
Don't forget a new timing chain setup that Earl Brown mentioned a while back . The original is made of nylon/ plastic and it slowly disintegrates , then pieces go through the whole motor !!

980 spring or 981 pros and cons I have the two in my shop the question is which one to swap?

I have read a lot about springs but it is still not clear for me to make a decision. Do the 980 get to soft after heat cycle? Are the 981 to stiff for my stock motor. I am changing out the timing chains and gears. thanks Tod

I have read a lot about springs but it is still not clear for me to make a decision. Do the 980 get to soft after heat cycle? Are the 981 to stiff for my stock motor. I am changing out the timing chains and gears. thanks Tod

The 980’s start off the right spring pressure and will end up softer than ideal for the stock cam, whereas the 981’s are a bit stiffer initially but will end up right where you want them.

Is there a preferred vendor list for gn parts I have been having trouble with a few businesses that I have been ordering parts from. All I want is for them to be honest with me as to when my parts are shipped

What parts in particular are you looking for? Most vendors don't carry everything from A to Z, so you may need to source from a few different ones.

Its true 20 years ago it was easy for a vender hold on the shelf everything on the web sit.
I use to keep two brands of beer hotdogs hamburgers and stake in the refrigerator..
Today if someone showed up its bottle of water and peanut butter on white bread.
Be patient please and thankful we have venders trying hard to Suport such a small community.
And yes my favorite vender dose not always ship same day any more

Understood I don't want to be that guy. And yes I have sourced the parts from many vendors I just need to be patient.

I want to thank you guys for the recommendation on the TA exhaust system it is so nice everything fit perfect those guys do an amazing job. And the welds look awesome I love the job they did on it whoever it is that made this system knows what he or she is doing.đź‘Ť

Back