SoCal T-Type owner looking for a local guru!!

vanderlives

Whats up everybody. Im a new T-type owner. Just got a low mileage all original, CLEEEAN 82 Buick Regal Sport/T-Type. Ive had imports my whole life. Subarus mainly. First American car ill be building.MURICA!!!!!! Anyways i have a couple questions regarding steps to make this car faster.
First: I have a line on a 87 GN motor/harness/trans that im already saving for and will ultimately install in the car. How hard will this swap be and what else will i need parts wise to do the swap. I have someone ive talked to who works on these motors daily but not sure ill end up having him do the swap. Are there any shops or people in this forum who are experienced doing this swap? Would really love to get beers with someone (on me) and pick their brain! Anybody local to the LA area whos down for some shop talk and brews i would gladly appreciate it and would pay for their time even.

Second: On this stock carb hot air motor, what can i remove emissions wise and other that arent needed for this car. Ive been pouring thru Beforeblack.net which is very insight full but still a little confused about a few things. Would really like to turn the car to efi. Can i swap parts from a stock 84/85 or 86/87 to do this. Ect: manifold, harness and ecu. Also which vacum lines can i delete. I get anxiety just looking at this engine bay with all the hoses on this motor. I would like to start deleting whats not needed asap.

I have more questions and hate using forums, would rather talk to someone in person or text. Are there any local clubs where i can meet other Gn owners in LA. If not, whos down to meet up!!!
Thanks in advance to anybody that replies really looking forward to being apart of the GN Family. Ive wanted one of these cars for years and am looking forward to building and seeing other owners out there. IRL hopefully!
Cheer!!

You'll pretty much want to swap everything over. Nothing is the same. Converting a carb/turbo is the same as converting a 2 barrel 3.8 non turbo V6.

Which begs the question, why convert a carb/turbo? It's a decent car as is. '82 Sport Coupe are fairly rare - only 2022. Get one of the many, many 3.8 non-turbo or 307 olds Regals out there and convert that. Better yet, get a different G-Body (Grand Prix, El Camino, etc) and swap that. The you have something special. Swapped Regals don't hold valve because they are "real" Turbo Regals in may people's opinion.

Can you remove emissions in CA? If so, I'd start with the SMOG pump and all the tubes/valves. That's the majority of what you see and is in the way.

I

In California you can go up on the liters or sideways but not down in order to legally be able to smog the car in California. I spoke to a referee cause I needed more info on getting my cutlass smoged but my cutlass originally came with a 307 5.0 and that swap I did was for nothing so I took the motor out of my cutlass and found me a non running 87 gn. If you do the swap to a carb vehicle you have to buy a lot of parts or better yet have a donor car like I did when I did the swap.

Whats up everybody. Im a new T-type owner. Just got a low mileage all original, CLEEEAN 82 Buick Regal Sport/T-Type. Ive had imports my whole life. Subarus mainly. First American car ill be building.MURICA!!!!!! Anyways i have a couple questions regarding steps to make this car faster.
First: I have a line on a 87 GN motor/harness/trans that im already saving for and will ultimately install in the car. How hard will this swap be and what else will i need parts wise to do the swap. I have someone ive talked to who works on these motors daily but not sure ill end up having him do the swap. Are there any shops or people in this forum who are experienced doing this swap? Would really love to get beers with someone (on me) and pick their brain! Anybody local to the LA area whos down for some shop talk and brews i would gladly appreciate it and would pay for their time even.

Second: On this stock carb hot air motor, what can i remove emissions wise and other that arent needed for this car. Ive been pouring thru Beforeblack.net which is very insight full but still a little confused about a few things. Would really like to turn the car to efi. Can i swap parts from a stock 84/85 or 86/87 to do this. Ect: manifold, harness and ecu. Also which vacum lines can i delete. I get anxiety just looking at this engine bay with all the hoses on this motor. I would like to start deleting whats not needed asap.

I have more questions and hate using forums, would rather talk to someone in person or text. Are there any local clubs where i can meet other Gn owners in LA. If not, whos down to meet up!!!
Thanks in advance to anybody that replies really looking forward to being apart of the GN Family. Ive wanted one of these cars for years and am looking forward to building and seeing other owners out there. IRL hopefully!
Cheer!!
If you are still looking for someone out here in Socal you can HMU I build Buick motors and port Buick heads . Shoot me a message and I can introduce you to some turbo Buick ppl around here

Oh shit sorry I didn’t see it’s an old post

I was just trying to help

Maybe he still needs help anyway

Can you remove emissions in CA? If so, I'd start with the SMOG pump and all the tubes/valves. That's the majority of what you see and is in the way.

OP seems to have disappeared as fast as he appeared, but ....

Short answer: No, you can't.

If not for that very smog pump with all its tubes/valves, I might very well have the '83 setup on my car. Precisely because it's crazy, but the smog pump stuff is just TOO crazy.