You can type here any text you want

Solid roller lifters on street Stage II - Bushed?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Squid4life

Well, just talked to Isky and they can put together a set of their bushed lifters for the offset stage ii setup, but they are $825...

Ouch. I have a set of solid Comp's and a set of solid Isky's, but both are the needle roller style. I am not running a ton of spring pressure, but I am running a 242/242 solid roller and this car will see street duty a lot. As in, this will be a 99% street car driven on the highway, etc. Both sets of lifters I have are near new. Should I just sell both sets and make the plunge to the bushed Isky's? Really want to build this motor once and be safe for many years. I will be selling all my spare SII crap, so this one motor is it, and needs to last.

What do you think, are the bushed lifters the smart choice or overkill? I am trying to make the smart choice and not cheap out, but damn it is hard to spend that kind of money when I already have TWO sets of normal ones that are already paid for!

I been using roller bearing type lifter for some time without issue. The very first set were Comps and had those in my car for about 10 years. Those were on a 242/242 cam as well and would probably last a lot longer if I kept them in. I since switched to a set of Cowers with the Hippo oiling but still needle rollers. I'm running more spring pressure with these and still trouble free. On my next overhaul I'll switched to the bushed lifters for a little more piece of mind and seems to be the trend.
Allan G.

I used to run needle bearing Isky solid roller lifters but the roller broke so i switched to the EZ-X roller bearing with no needle bearings for more strength.
They are expensive but worth it if they last!

James I know your S-II valves are a little larger and heavier than my TA valves, but with under 200 psi on the seat my engine pulls hard to 7000+ RPM with less than 200#'s on the seat.

If you have a street only car, you do not need crazy spring pressure, especially with all the low and mid-range torque you will have! :)

Back