You can type here any text you want

Someone has got to save this!!!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

justin84

done
Copart

Come on guys, this thing needs a home! I was just searching around and found it. It is low-mileage and everything!

Looks pretty nice but unfortunately it has t-tops and the odometer looks to have been tampered with. Notice how poorly the second three lines up.

I'm working on it! Waiting for my registration confirmation right now.

Looks pretty nice but unfortunately it has t-tops and the odometer looks to have been tampered with. Notice how poorly the second three lines up.

I agree with the T Tops issue but odometer in that case means very little to someone who has to restore it anyways. It's salvage title right? Aren't they harder to sell?

Depends on the state. Typically what happens is the DMV will have to inspect it before issuing a new title but not THAT big a deal, at least not in NC

Copart is a joke in most cases. That car prob has an absurd reserve on it. I wouldn't spend more then 3500/4000$ on it. I'm sure the reserve is at least 8. There prices are crazy in most cases.

Doing the best I can, but hey if anybody wants to kick in a few bucks here and there to raise my high bid....:biggrin:

It's worth $2500 in parts but not much more after labor costs to take it apart.
Fixing that would be a bit of work for sure.

I can do most of the body and prep work, at least judging by the pictures so biggest expense will be painting unless the frame is tweaked. But even if it is terminal yes I could probably get my money out of parting it...assuming I actually win it.

it's worth $2500 in parts but not much more after labor costs to take it apart.
Fixing that would be a bit of work for sure.

car is worth probably $8000-9000 all chopped up!

Motor + tranny + rear alone are worth $4000.

Car is probably worth saving though

I have Mike Casteel on his way to look at it right now! He is in Madisonville this weekend at his lady friends house. It is also only 40 minutes from me so I might drive out to look at it personally with some cash in hand. That usually speaks volume.... :)

Looks like it might actually be a 33,000 mile car by the looks of the engine bay, interior.. Can't always go by those odometer numbers, I have owned several cars that looked off but were actual mileage.. Hint! The VIN is listed there right in the open for people to due a Car-Fax on... ;)

He will be reporting back to me as soon as he finds the place..

Scot W.

Copart is a joke in most cases. That car prob has an absurd reserve on it. I wouldn't spend more then 3500/4000$ on it. I'm sure the reserve is at least 8. There prices are crazy in most cases.

why would the reserve be so high? they have it listed as a Regal, and it doesn't even have a V8, just a puny little 6 cylinder..

I have Mike Casteel on his way to look at it right now! He is in Madisonville this weekend at his lady friends house. It is also only 40 minutes from me so I might drive out to look at it personally with some cash in hand. That usually speaks volume.... :)

Looks like it might actually be a 33,000 mile car by the looks of the engine bay, interior.. Can't always go by those odometer numbers, I have owned several cars that looked off but were actual mileage.. Hint! The VIN is listed there right in the open for people to due a Car-Fax on... ;)

He will be reporting back to me as soon as he finds the place..

Scot W.
Sweet man! I posted it hoping someone would save it and not chop it up. I hope it goes to a good home!!!

Sweet man! I posted it hoping someone would save it and not chop it up. I hope it goes to a good home!!!

That was my plan, sounds like a bidding war may be brewing if it checks out...:eek:

Car would not be that hard to fix. Looks nice BUT it will have a SALVAGE TITLE. Super parts car !!:cool:

Back