You can type here any text you want

Someone has got to save this!!!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I`m no expert but it looks like it may have frame damage. I see the wheel took a hit and maybe pulled back toward the door. the fender looks to be forward a little but even if it was put back the wheel is still out. I would check for any damage. Still not bad if you get it for a good price

what about labor to dismantle, boxing & shipping parts etc?

i could have that car down to a bare frame and sawzalled up in less than 30 hours.without cutting or wrecking anything!!!

Fedex is literally across the street from my shop and it usually takes a few minutes to box+ ship.

nevermind

I GOT WHAT YOU REALLY WROTE! BUY PARTS ELSEWHERE IF YOU DON'T LIKE MY PRICES! MAYBE IF I WAS OUT STEALING CARS I COULD SELL PARTS CHEAPER!!! BUT SINCE THESE CARS ARE EXPENSIVE AND I HAVE WELL OVER A $1000 AMONTH IN RENT TO STORE STUFF PLUS MY TIME TO STRIP AND SHIP WELL I THINK YOU CAN FIGURE THE REST OUT:mad:

Wow, easy there slick.... I'll post what I really said...

I hope that was not intended to impress anyone? You strip them and charge insane prices?
I don't know you, I have never bought a thing from you and dont take it too badly. It was aimed at all the guys that strip them and sell the parts for insane prices. Are you in that group?

Mike found the place and yesterday but they were already closed by the time he found it. Today he went back and they were closed!!!

At least now we know where the place is and we will make another trip out there next week to see this thing in person and see how much they will take for it..

Scot W.

Good job man, I really hope you can save the car. If I had the money I would have tried myself, but you know how it goes. Keep me posted! It is nothing to benefit me, it is just a love for the cars. :redface:

CarFax cannot be trusted if something has never been reported. We had an 09 Corolla traded in for a new Camry and it had 8,xxx miles on it. They practically gave them the original price after running a CarFax on it. Came back clean. Pulled it in to certifiy it, put it up in the air and it had been in a pretty good front end collision. Whoever did the bodywork peeled the factory VIN stickers off the fenders and stuck them on the new aftermarket ones and got a hood with the proper emission stickers. They did very good work hiding that it had been hit but didn't fix the wrinkles in the firewall and in the front "frame". Could see it easily from underneath.

... The VIN is listed there right in the open for people to due a Car-Fax on... ;)

Mike found the place and yesterday but they were already closed by the time he found it. Today he went back and they were closed!!!

At least now we know where the place is and we will make another trip out there next week to see this thing in person and see how much they will take for it..

Scot W.

Been wondering where you were hiding Scott.:biggrin: Please beat James to it and save it! There's enough parts out there for our cars and saving another one is a bonus.:biggrin:

i have zero intentions of buying this car. and for the record i am all for saving them but i hate rusty cars which is what i normally strip up here.

the car in this thread looks saveable to me

I GOT WHAT YOU REALLY WROTE! BUY PARTS ELSEWHERE IF YOU DON'T LIKE MY PRICES! MAYBE IF I WAS OUT STEALING CARS I COULD SELL PARTS CHEAPER!!! BUT SINCE THESE CARS ARE EXPENSIVE AND I HAVE WELL OVER A $1000 AMONTH IN RENT TO STORE STUFF PLUS MY TIME TO STRIP AND SHIP WELL I THINK YOU CAN FIGURE THE REST OUT:mad:

Thats why I said its only worth $2500 to Buy it. Maybe you misunderstood me? Thats what I meant.
Takes time, Tools, Knowledge, storage, shipping. etc so not worth more than $2K-$2500 to me. Then you could make a profit stripping or fixing. Once fixed what can you get these days? Maybe $12K??? Paint alone is at least $3500
I just hope its fixed & Driven.

for what it looks like its really not that bad. it wouldnt be hard to fix that car at all. as long as you have a porta power you can fix that.

Back