something other than a k&n?

berserker6

Assistant to the regional manager
For those of you with a filter stuck on to the end of you MAF. I'm looking for suggestions and or pics of something other than a k&n. I know there has to be filters that flow better due to the poor design. I'm looking for something where the end that connects to MAF is rounded like the end of a trumpet. Any ideas?

Thanks nova. That's a nice filter for an even nicer price. I'm looking for something that's rounded towards where it connects to my MAF instead of being 90degree bends. Anyone else?

doesn't really matter what brand filter you get, the most common mistake is purchasing an air filter that does not flow enough cfm to match your turbo. if you don't care about power or efficiency then by all means, shine this off.

doesn't really matter what brand filter you get, the most common mistake is purchasing an air filter that does not flow enough cfm to match your turbo. if you don't care about power or efficiency then by all means, shine this off.

I don't want to "shine" this off. and I do want a filter that can keep up with my turbo. I'm just interested in any other designs guys are using to stick on to the end of their MAF. what are you using?

A 14" OR 16" k&n should be fine for your set up. This might be a true case of reinventing the wheel. I have used several different sized turbos, but only one 16" K&N with no issues whatsoever.

I don't want to "shine" this off. and I do want a filter that can keep up with my turbo. I'm just interested in any other designs guys are using to stick on to the end of their MAF. what are you using?

for sure, my point was what is most important isn't brand name but flow, cfm flow. I would recommend, if using the stock MAF still to get some 3" duct and extend the hose through behind the headlights for cold air. you can go to home depot and get a 3" pipe adapter for $2; slip this connector into the filter end and then attach the hose to the connector, then attach the hose back to the MAF end.

i like carlo have used 1 k&n on my car for all of its motors so far, properly maintained k&n can't be beat imho, if it can I would love to reenact the test.

AEM DRYFLOW!!!!!!!!!

I had all the other cone type filters.(big fitlers to) When i bought my AEM 3x9, I ran the car...........Night and DAY Filter IMO. I like it so much i bought another one. reason why i liked it?

Better idle, power feel, It won't "crush" like other air filters, Better all around 10 for 10.

Spectre
S&B
AEM(k&N type) which they no longer make only dryflow now!
They are good but AEM DRYLOW 130%
DryFlow Air Filters - Oil Free Replacement Air Filters and Cone Filters

I don't think ther come inverted, which sounds like what your looking for. I think spectre,S&B, K&N only have that type.

I'm running an amsoil filter. I think it is better than K&N. Allows good flow of cleaner air.

Attachments

• TTA June 2010.jpg
    TTA June 2010.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 136
a question...

Is there an airflow comparison chart for the K&N vs. AEM? I like the idea of the non-oiled filter.

Go ahead and order yourself a 4x9 (or 3''x9) summit has them, 55$ plus shipping. Some sites have them at 60$ free shipping.
"your gonna like the way you look... I guarantee it"