You can type here any text you want

Sonic check block in SD area?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Squid4life

Anyone know of a place to get my Stage 2 block sonic checked before boring it? The only one I know of is Taylor engine up in Whittier, but not really looking forward to making that trip a handful of times... I just need to have it sonic checked and bored. Final hone will be with a torque place once I establish the rotating assy, but need to see what the block will bore to as it has a few marks in a cylinder. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Last time Taylor did a block for me it took MONTHS:frown: Like 8 or so. So I don't use them anymore... I wonder if Jay still works there, it's been at least 5 years since I was there.

Alan

Last time Taylor did a block for me it took MONTHS:frown: Like 8 or so. So I don't use them anymore... I wonder if Jay still works there, it's been at least 5 years since I was there.

Alan

8 months!? Holy crap! Don't have time for that, for sure. Will have to call them up and see how long it should take. Annoying part is, I was just up there last night in LA picking up some friends who flew in to LAX. Drive up there, just to drive right back. Will be the same thing dropping off the block. Then again, same thing when I pick it up. Hence the reason I want someone local. :biggrin:

Thanks for the info though, much appreciated.

James

James,

I know that Nutech used to have the ability to sonic check engine blocks. I just checked with Britt (the owner) and he said he can do it for $50 as long as the block is clean. They located in Ramona. I've been doing business with them for a number of years now. They should be able to help you out.

Neal

James,

I know that Nutech used to have the ability to sonic check engine blocks. I just checked with Britt (the owner) and he said he can do it for $50 as long as the block is clean. They located in Ramona. I've been doing business with them for a number of years now. They should be able to help you out.

Neal

PERFECT! Thanks Neal, much appreciated. Will give them a shout tomorrow probably and see if I can get up there.

This look right to you:

Nutech Engine Systems
15942 Brantner Lane
Ramona, CA 92065
Phone: (619) 561-9826

Thanks again!

James,

Looks right to me except the phone # I have (760) 440-3029. They're off the 67 on the right side about 1 mile before Highland Valley Rd.

Neal

James,

Looks right to me except the phone # I have (760) 440-3029. They're off the 67 on the right side about 1 mile before Highland Valley Rd.

Neal

Neal, HUGE thanks for giving me his info. Wow, what a shop! Dropped off the block to get sonic checked and bored.

Guys, I have been to a whole lot of machine shops across the US where I have been stationed (and a few overseas) and this is probably the cleanest and most well-appointed shop I have seen. Great layout too. He has separate areas for porting and polishing, general machining, and a clean room for building engines. He has a CNC machine for one off stuff, about 30 different machines, and even a flow bench! He has torque plates for honing, and plates as guides for porting heads. Amazing shop. He is a one man shop most of the time but has one guy in during busy times or as necessary, and Britt is a wealth of knowledge. Hell of a nice guy too. I had my 4 year old with me and Britt showed him the chickens and introduced him to his dogs, etc. Great guy.

The address above is correct, and the number Neal listed above is also correct. I spent probably an hour there talking with Britt and drooling over all the engines he is working on. He has some top notch stuff too. I am sure a few of the motors he is building are worth more than my GN and my Excursion easily.

Anyhow, I don't think there is much he can't do there. I know where I will take all my stuff from now on. Thanks again Neal!

I think I want to quit what I do and go work for Britt!

James,

I'm glad Britt was able to help you out. If you need anything just drop me a PM.

Neal

Back