Sound proofing interior.

Steve V

Steve V's Automotive 757 560 2782
Talk to me about this, I know dyna matt, spray on stuff. What are you guys using what are your results. This can get expensive only want to do it once:)

Dynamat Extreme for me. Never had an issue with it. My truck has had it in for 10 years without letting go. The body shop cussed me when I got a repaint due to hail damage. My GN will get it also after paint.

Dynamat Extreme for me. Never had an issue with it. My truck has had it in for 10 years without letting go. The body shop cussed me when I got a repaint due to hail damage. My GN will get it also after paint.
That's exactly what I bought. I also got some more jute and a new carpet with the mass backing as well as the new rear seat jute. I liked loud cars when I was young now pushing 40 I am starting to enjoy a quieter ride ..lol.

I double layered my car with E dead, which is a very similar variant of dynamat from a company that is now out of business. I bought a crapload of it when they were unloading it all. I also did my Titan with it. When the paint and body work was done, those guys were pissed at all the material I put in the doors. I tried the spray on stuff in the trunk from Boom mat, but it did not make much of a difference because it is just not dense enough. It made a really nice looking coating though and for that I would use it again. All that being said, my GN is over 4000lbs with me in it and thanks to the poly body bushings coupled with HR poly motor mounts, it is still noisy. One of these days I will go back to rubber body mounts.

You do not have to cover 100 percent to get a good result. Think of it like this, a bell resonates but if you put your finger on it, it quietens down. Oversimplistic analogy but,,, This is for the material that adheres to the body panels. The insulating type materials does just that, insulates the noises. HTH

All that being said, my GN is over 4000lbs with me in it and thanks to the poly body bushings coupled with HR poly motor mounts, it is still noisy. One of these days I will go back to rubber body mounts.
yea I remember a while back I had a GN with the poly and my buddy Otto has them to and their noisy as hell. I'm gonna replace mine with new rubber ones soon.

yea I remember a while back I had a GN with the poly and my buddy Otto has them to and their noisy as hell. I'm gonna replace mine with new rubber ones soon.

Don't get me wrong, the car is rock solid just like an F Body, but I miss the "Buickness" of it.