Spark plugs for 87 3.8 litre

Tommy

Has anyone tried using a different spark plugs on their 3.8L engine and got better performance other than using the factory suggested copper plugs? i.e. I was thinking about installing some E3 spark plugs or other platinum plugs.

Tommy

Do a search and you will find that the "new" plugs do not help but hinder peformance.

I would stick with copper and stock gap depending on mods. I use NGK Vpower but Iam tempted to use NGK G power just to test them out.

Everyone on here will tell no platinum. I heard bad storys on E3 plugs.

plugs

i have e3 s in my car . i love them no prob . 2000 miles so far so good and i have seen a big improvement, its like they come indexed .good luck ....:)

You can pick up a Set of NGK vpower, they work really great. They are cheaper at advance auto parts then autozone, 12$ under for whole set of 6.

If not AC Delcos woudl be just fine, I'm sticking with NGKs but I plan on using their G power just to test out next tune up.

I.m running the NGK UR 5's right now, I've run all three plugs in my car, you can't go wrong with either one of them.

1. AC Delco R43TS, or 42TS if running high boost.
2. Autolite 24's, or 23's if running high boost.
3. NGK UR 5's'

Don't buy the e3 plugs,had a set in my 04 gto and they died at about 2,000 miles.Car ran so bad I thought it burnt a valve.

DO NOT USE platinums. I ran them for one day in my car. Car didn't like them.