You can type here any text you want

Specifications for Stage 2 crankshaft

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

vpmac

I am going to list a Stage 2 crank and new big block chevy rods for a friend. The crank was set up to use big block Chevy rods but I do not know if or how much the rod and mains may have been turned. Nor do I know how to identify the brand of the crank. Any help would be appreciated. Once I can identify this I will list it. Thanks Mac

vpmac said:
I am going to list a Stage 2 crank and new big block chevy rods for a friend. The crank was set up to use big block Chevy rods but I do not know if or how much the rod and mains may have been turned. Nor do I know how to identify the brand of the crank. Any help would be appreciated. Once I can identify this I will list it. Thanks Mac

Post some pics and i am sure a few guys can help you out.

A "Stage 2" crank is not a real definition for a crank even if it was removed from a stage block, and pictures are of no real value?

The information needed is first to verify if it is a forged crank, billet or cast. The stroke is certainly needed.

The dimension of ALL the journals, rods and mains must be stated for a used crank as I have seen cranks with only one or 2 journals turned.

The width of the rod journals must be given to verify the proper rod width dimension.

A used crank must also be checked for cracks and straightness.

This detailed info may sound petty, but I have had a used "Stage 2" BMS forged crank break during run-in at 3000 RPM on a fresh build and ruin my day. :(

And finally the price should be stated. :)

The STD rod journal size for an even fire crank is 2.250" if it's ground for a BBC journal it will be 2.200" or .050" under.

Neal

I have this set up on one stage 2 ,I have always had an unlimited supply of rods for that motor. Not that I needed more than the original set installed.

Many such cranks have info stamped on the ft counterwt.....Have you looked there?

The crank is fresh from machine shop and the rods are new. The rod journals are 2.20 for the big block rods. I will try to load some photos and see if anyone can tell me a fair price for this set up.

Attachments

• IMG_0539.JPG
    IMG_0539.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 85
  • IMG_0536.JPG
    IMG_0536.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 115
I guess it only takes small images. So I will list them a couple at a time. If you need more let me know and I will email them.

Attachments

• IMG_0540.JPG
    IMG_0540.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 69
  • IMG_0541.JPG
    IMG_0541.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 68
Back