Spoolfool's Alum turbo shield anyone?

Turbo Keith

TURBO KEITH
Sep 16, 2015
New Albany , Ms
I think I know what your problem is. I'll bet that your "J" bracket is mounted on the wrong side of the tabs that come off the turbo.
I do believe it was put back as it come off , I know it was a ground on the bottom bolt , I thought it was only one way to mount the J bracket . I hope I'm wrong and one will fit

SPOOLFOOL2

Fiberglass bumper filler dude. (949) 433-1257
Staff member
Apr 4, 2002
Huntington Beach CA.
spoolfoolproductions.com
I do believe it was put back as it come off , I know it was a ground on the bottom bolt , I thought it was only one way to mount the J bracket . I hope I'm wrong and one will fit
Just because you put it back on the same way, doesn't mean it was correct in the first place. ;)
If you put the "J" bracket on the left side of the tabs, you'll have about 3/16" more room off the bolts. You'll need to remove all the bolts in the "J" bracket to move it over. Please post up what you find.

Reactions: buickman2006

Turbo Keith

TURBO KEITH
Sep 16, 2015
New Albany , Ms
Just because you put it back on the same way, doesn't mean it was correct in the first place. ;)
If you put the "J" bracket on the left side of the tabs, you'll have about 3/16" more room off the bolts. You'll need to remove all the bolts in the "J" bracket to move it over. Please post up what you find.
I will look at that this evening , Thanks for the info .

Turbo Keith

TURBO KEITH
Sep 16, 2015
New Albany , Ms
What do you mean by " Tabs " ? Is that what mounts to the turbo ? Or mounts to the block ? I did see where the bottom bolt has the ground wire and where we installed it we put the ground in between the J and the block . I think the J needs to be against the block and the ground goes thru the bolt that holds the J . This make any sense ?

SPOOLFOOL2

Fiberglass bumper filler dude. (949) 433-1257
Staff member
Apr 4, 2002
Huntington Beach CA.
spoolfoolproductions.com
Yes. The J should be against the block. The tabs I was referring to are coming off the top of the turbo. You can mount the J on either side of these tabs. However, it will change how the turbo shield sits from left to right.

Turbo Keith

TURBO KEITH
Sep 16, 2015
New Albany , Ms
Yes. The J should be against the block. The tabs I was referring to are coming off the top of the turbo. You can mount the J on either side of these tabs. However, it will change how the turbo shield sits from left to right.
I figured out what you was saying about the tabs , I just now have to buy a chrome shield to see if it works , Thank you Mike for the info

Reactions: SPOOLFOOL2
Top Bottom