Spoolfool's Alum turbo shield anyone?

I think I know what your problem is. I'll bet that your "J" bracket is mounted on the wrong side of the tabs that come off the turbo.
I do believe it was put back as it come off , I know it was a ground on the bottom bolt , I thought it was only one way to mount the J bracket . I hope I'm wrong and one will fit

I do believe it was put back as it come off , I know it was a ground on the bottom bolt , I thought it was only one way to mount the J bracket . I hope I'm wrong and one will fit

Just because you put it back on the same way, doesn't mean it was correct in the first place. ;)
If you put the "J" bracket on the left side of the tabs, you'll have about 3/16" more room off the bolts. You'll need to remove all the bolts in the "J" bracket to move it over. Please post up what you find.

Just because you put it back on the same way, doesn't mean it was correct in the first place. ;)
If you put the "J" bracket on the left side of the tabs, you'll have about 3/16" more room off the bolts. You'll need to remove all the bolts in the "J" bracket to move it over. Please post up what you find.
I will look at that this evening , Thanks for the info .

What do you mean by " Tabs " ? Is that what mounts to the turbo ? Or mounts to the block ? I did see where the bottom bolt has the ground wire and where we installed it we put the ground in between the J and the block . I think the J needs to be against the block and the ground goes thru the bolt that holds the J . This make any sense ?

Yes. The J should be against the block. The tabs I was referring to are coming off the top of the turbo. You can mount the J on either side of these tabs. However, it will change how the turbo shield sits from left to right.

Yes. The J should be against the block. The tabs I was referring to are coming off the top of the turbo. You can mount the J on either side of these tabs. However, it will change how the turbo shield sits from left to right.
I figured out what you was saying about the tabs , I just now have to buy a chrome shield to see if it works , Thank you Mike for the info

Dave Erdmann just sent me these pics of one of my turbo shields, before and after polishing. This is the first one I've seen polished and I must say that I like it.
48412084_2179168905634004_4285758443735744512_n.jpg

Thanks Sarge.

Mike B.