You can type here any text you want

SRT8 Challenger owners?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

2QUIK6

Turbo Milk Jug displacmnt
Wondering if you paid sticker price or how much off the sticker you got them to come down? Any year you bought it should be relevant as long as it was a SRT8.
Don't have to reveal what you actually paid, just how much under/over sticker.

Went looking at some last weekend and the sales man claims they are asking their bottom dollar already and would not come off price. They did come down off sticker, but only to the advertised internet price for that particular car, which they did not know I already knew.
This was all after my wife says this is the car she wants right in front of the sales guy, which I think makes him not want to budge thinking I have to buy it since my wife said she wants it. Wife also told him we would not pay the advertised asking price too :)
After being there for about 3 hours driving different cars, we got up and quickly ended the conversation when he said he couldn't come off, sales manager chased us out to the truck before we could leave, told him he was wasting my time if he couldn't budge...then they called back today...same story.
(They claim they cannot deal with the SRT8's but they could with other cars that are not the "high end" models.) I have only purchased 1 vehicle new, and that was 18 years ago and it was easy dealings then...I'd rather have rusty knives poked in my eyes than try to deal with these folks anymore :)

Wondering if you paid sticker price or how much off the sticker you got them to come down? Any year you bought it should be relevant as long as it was a SRT8.
Don't have to reveal what you actually paid, just how much under/over sticker.

Went looking at some last weekend and the sales man claims they are asking their bottom dollar already and would not come off price. They did come down off sticker, but only to the advertised internet price for that particular car, which they did not know I already knew.
This was all after my wife says this is the car she wants right in front of the sales guy, which I think makes him not want to budge thinking I have to buy it since my wife said she wants it. Wife also told him we would not pay the advertised asking price too :)
After being there for about 3 hours driving different cars, we got up and quickly ended the conversation when he said he couldn't come off, sales manager chased us out to the truck before we could leave, told him he was wasting my time if he couldn't budge...then they called back today...same story.
(They claim they cannot deal with the SRT8's but they could with other cars that are not the "high end" models.) I have only purchased 1 vehicle new, and that was 18 years ago and it was easy dealings then...I'd rather have rusty knives poked in my eyes than try to deal with these folks anymore :)
Well, I didn't go for the SRT8. But I did go for the R/T Classic with every option. I was able to get 6500 of the sticker price. About 5,000 less than their internet price.

Lots of factors come into play. Difference between sticker and invoice on an R/T was about 2500 bucks. Employee price is 1% below invoice, plus any applicable rebates. It gets tricky when a dealer is nearing a sales goal for the month, they get incentives back from the manufacturer if they meet certain goals. That's where you hear the stories of people getting crazy deals. If they happen to be one car short on the last day they can absolutely cut their own throats on that last car and come out with a net gain because of incentives. I'd bet invoice on a loaded up SRT8 is about $3k to 3500 below sticker, if they are near or at that, BEFORE the mopar rebates, they are already bending over backwards and cutting you a fair deal. If you got a desireable trade they may bend more knowing they can sell their way out of it. If you don't believe me I can go dig out and give you an exact number from the 2010 challenger r/t classic that my wife and I bought new at employee price, which is probably more than what a lot of people have paid in the right situation. I've seen SRT8 invoices but don't remember exact numbers anymore. I've always thought 300-500 over invoice price, minus any rebates, is a fair deal on an outright sale (no trade in). Yes they might get more than that with kickbacks but they got a lot of payroll and expenses and they have to eat too. You can call them crooks but i've seen the numbers of incoming/outgoing cash at a dealership and I think you'd have to be f'n nuts to get involved with that kind of risk. They earn it more than any outsider would think.

Thanks for the insigh all. I have located the exact same car with same options about an hour away from my step-daughter, they are asking what i had offered the other dealer, so looks like i have a deal in the works but it will be Feb before I'm back up that way.

Lots of factors come into play. Difference between sticker and invoice on an R/T was about 2500 bucks. Employee price is 1% below invoice, plus any applicable rebates. It gets tricky when a dealer is nearing a sales goal for the month, they get incentives back from the manufacturer if they meet certain goals. That's where you hear the stories of people getting crazy deals. If they happen to be one car short on the last day they can absolutely cut their own throats on that last car and come out with a net gain because of incentives. I'd bet invoice on a loaded up SRT8 is about $3k to 3500 below sticker, if they are near or at that, BEFORE the mopar rebates, they are already bending over backwards and cutting you a fair deal. If you got a desireable trade they may bend more knowing they can sell their way out of it. If you don't believe me I can go dig out and give you an exact number from the 2010 challenger r/t classic that my wife and I bought new at employee price, which is probably more than what a lot of people have paid in the right situation. I've seen SRT8 invoices but don't remember exact numbers anymore. I've always thought 300-500 over invoice price, minus any rebates, is a fair deal on an outright sale (no trade in). Yes they might get more than that with kickbacks but they got a lot of payroll and expenses and they have to eat too. You can call them crooks but i've seen the numbers of incoming/outgoing cash at a dealership and I think you'd have to be f'n nuts to get involved with that kind of risk. They earn it more than any outsider would think.
This is why I got such a good deal, I am sure. I bought mine on May 31. I learned this many new cars ago, and only buy them on the last 3 days of the month.

This is why I got such a good deal, I am sure. I bought mine on May 31. I learned this many new cars ago, and only buy them on the last 3 days of the month.

Yep, got better deals on a new car than I could on the same car a year old. Also don't forget end of model year also puts pressure on them.

But I turn 60 in January and don't want any new cars anymore. Next year I am going to build a show quality 65 or 67 Riviera with a monster motor that runs 12 for my daily driver, my last car. Have a beautiful loaded conversion van for traveling and the crew cab, long bed, 4x4, diesel (getting a few more engine mods too) for the horse trailer and I'm done buying cars. I'll just buy another 4x4 and long distance vehicle when I need it.

Mikey

I'm still hunting, the car I had located up in NC actually had different color interior than what was advertised, darn good thing the salesman noticed this error on the ad, there weren't any interior shots in the ad. Looks like there are actually alot of cars being advertised in the low $40s now new SRT8, but missing the nice sound system, but prices do look like they are coming down as the year end nears.

Get two dealers' prices for the same car and play them against each other. When the dealer further away can't match the closer dealer's price, then you probably got a good deal from the closer dealer.

It's just the wrong color for me, can't do yellow. Still hunting, kind of set now on some rare options so it won't be one on the lot, they will have to order it, so not much dealing unless its sitting on the lot, and those have been sitting there for several months...2014's will be announced soon making it even harder to sell, much less do a special order...so waiting on the new Vette design to be announced in the coming weeks, should drive the prices of the 2010-2013 GS's verts down. If I'm paying over 50k for something, its not going to be a Dodge.

Ok, I have a deal finally...this morning I called about 5 different dealers and emailed them a list of specific options / codes that I wanted. Some wanted me to come in, I said if you can't come up with a price before I go there, then there is no reason to waste my time that there was nothing for me to see there I know what I want. Out of the 5, 3 actually came below my max price, so went to the lowest price guy figuring it was BS to get me in the door....some things still seem a little odd. They said they located a car with all the options I wanted and said it would be there Tuesday or Wednesday next week....I've had other dealers do this to no success to locate one...So I'll believe it when I see it...paid down $1000 on credit card in case they are full of crap, and filled out the financing paperwork.

Ok, I have a deal finally...this morning I called about 5 different dealers and emailed them a list of specific options / codes that I wanted. Some wanted me to come in, I said if you can't come up with a price before I go there, then there is no reason to waste my time that there was nothing for me to see there I know what I want. Out of the 5, 3 actually came below my max price, so went to the lowest price guy figuring it was BS to get me in the door....some things still seem a little odd. They said they located a car with all the options I wanted and said it would be there Tuesday or Wednesday next week....I've had other dealers do this to no success to locate one...So I'll believe it when I see it...paid down $1000 on credit card in case they are full of crap, and filled out the financing paperwork.
So you will have to get your $1k back if they don't come through. Don't the dealers list their inventory on the internet? Maybe you could tell which dealer supposedly has it.

So you will have to get your $1k back if they don't come through. Don't the dealers list their inventory on the internet? Maybe you could tell which dealer supposedly has it.
Yeah that's why I paid with the CC so it's easily disputable if they don't give it back or don't come through, they said if its not what I want they would order it... Interestingly enough, they blanked out the VIN# on the window sticker image they emailed me, and kept it fairly obscured while there, showed me a bunch of paperwork but gave me nothing to keep but my CC receipt... I did memorize the last 4 digits of the VIN when I did see it...did a quick search on google when I got home along with the form# on the bottom and found an image pdf of my window sticker on a hosted chrysler.com website with the correct vin# on it! But no clue as to where the car is...the power of the internet!

If you go to Dodge.com you can choose your own options and click "inventory" and you can see every car for as many miles away from you that are available and at which dealer. When I looked for mine I chose a 200 mile radius and found 3 that had the exact options I wanted and I went to dealer direct to get the best deal.

I didn't think to google the vin...I did that and an ad popped up for the car, so I did find out exactly where it was coming from. It got here Thurs and it's now sitting in my garage..it was exactly the car I had pictured and wanted! I did search around on dodge.com but didn't find the link but that must be how this dealer located it, not sure why the other dealers I went to couldn't find it...
IMG_0754_zpscbad3713.jpg

IMG_0756_zps61b61e91.jpg

Nice ride! You are gonna grin from ear to ear every time you get in it. You will also get at least as much attention as the GN.

If a challenger was similar money to the value of my GN, I'd have the challenger. The only thing the GN does better is drag strip performance potential, and I don't ever race anyway. If I could trade it straight over for a nice used challenger r/t I would do it in a heartbeat.

Back