You can type here any text you want

SS brake line flare?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

6togo

I had to rebend the 1/4" line that comes out of the prop. valve to the rear and doing so i needed to shorten it up some now here is the issue i tried using my double flare tool to put the same end back on and no matter how tight i got the clamps it would push the tube before making the first step for the bubble. I ended up just doing a single flare that SS tube is way to stiff! Will this work fine or should i find a better flaring tool i have a decent snap-on tool that works fine with soft metals? Also is the factory type double flare a 45 degree?
Chris

Don't know about the angle but most stainless will only do a single flair, not a double. Just make sure there's no cracks in the flair you should be fine.

Chris, Your factory lines will be a 45 degree flare, they're double flares. You won't be able to double flare stainless line without it cracking, a single flare should work fine.

When using brake lines with AN type fittings, your flare will be 37 degrees, you'll need to purchase a different flaring tool than you typically use for OEM type flares.

The single flare seemed to be fine with no cracks that i could see.
Thanks guys!
Chris

Back