You can type here any text you want

stage 1 head question!!!!!please help.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TURBOELKY

does anybody know the biggest valve you can stick in a stage 1 cast iron head? I just noticed they are 6293 castings, just without egr, so basically a 1.77/1.50 vale just like any other 8445 head is as big as it gets right???

bison just answered some elses thread about iron head flow and he knows of a set of stage heads that used 1.8" intakes but I think he said the guides had to be offset. Look in the general or engine secton. It was posted today.

yeah, I was thinking of off setting the valve guide, but then the roller rockers, spring etc. will also be off. I'll go check it out, thanks!

oh, that was my post.....LMFAO!!!

You can do it with any of the production style heads. The stage 1 head is basically a production head with a few small differences. You can play with valve sizes and Jay C said he had a set of 1.9/1.6 valves in a production set. It will probably cost more to buy all the stainless valves and relocate the guides and port work than it would be to buy a set of aluminum heads already race ported. If you bought inconel exhaust valves it would surely be more. You will still have to shorten the center spacer and either make new spacers for the ends or use a couple extra washers to regain the correct alignment. The spring seats will need to be addressed also

yeah, i'm just going to see how far I can go with iron heads. I'll post up in a few months:D

Back