You can type here any text you want

stage 2 on center forsale complete

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

richardv6

listing this for a freind,its a complete stage motor removed straite from bush series car.it was a running motor when removed. purchaced from ronald palm from greenville sc.not sure on internals but its what these motor come with from nascar,bult by b&e
IMG956242.jpg

IMG957666.jpg

IMG955825.jpg

IMG958174.jpg

IMG951922.jpg

we are going to bg nationals fri and sat leaving early fri morning.if someone is interested we can load it up and bring with us someone is seriously interested.motor is located in morganton nc.

I ended up with this motor from my friend.can anyone tell me what it is worth.it suppose to have Carrillo rods and bms crank.thats about all I know about it ,have not took it apart to see..or should I.would it be worth trying to build for streetcar motor.

Value would depend on condition of all the parts however u will need to tear it down to a build a kick a$$ street motor or determine value

Cam and pistons are not really usable on a turbo motor. Stroke is probably a 3.59" or 3.625" and rods are probably 6.5". So, if you were building it you would need dished, valve reliefed pistons, and a S2 cam if using those heads. If using those heads, you will have to either delete the ac box, or at the very least modify it. Then the intake has to be modified for efi, plus headers, plus piping, plus a big ass turbo and converter to push airflow for those S2 heads. Etc, etc.

Or run the S2 bottom end, get an on center stock type intake and good stock style heads and use your stock headers, etc. This way you would have a near bulletproof bottom end.

Or just send it all to me. I will put it to good use. :)

Cam and pistons are not really usable on a turbo motor. Stroke is probably a 3.59" or 3.625" and rods are probably 6.5". So, if you were building it you would need dished, valve reliefed pistons, and a S2 cam if using those heads. If using those heads, you will have to either delete the ac box, or at the very least modify it. Then the intake has to be modified for efi, plus headers, plus piping, plus a big ass turbo and converter to push airflow for those S2 heads. Etc, etc.

Or run the S2 bottom end, get an on center stock type intake and good stock style heads and use your stock headers, etc. This way you would have a near bulletproof bottom end.

Or just send it all to me. I will put it to good use. :)

Iv;e been busy doing the S2 conversion process,,,,,,,,,I'm at the 6 months mark in labor, but another month I think I'll be done physically and mentally! I do not suggest anyone do this with AC/ heater box in the car.

I am picking up motor this weekend ,then I will pull pan and inspect..are their numbers anywhere on crank or rods I can see without total dissemble.if so what do I need to look for? Also can some pm me their # so I can ask about this motor.never had a on center motor.thought about building it for street car,or build a stage one motor I got or just get a aluminum t&a motor?decisions decisions

Rods won't have numbers or anything on them, but sometimes say carrillo on the bolts if I recall correctly. Crank will be stamped or engraved on the first counterbalance towards the front. Will usually say who machined the BMS casting, what stroke, etc.

On center is a little different than an off center, which will require some spacers or modifications but is still doable. Depends on your goals on whether to use it or sell it and put it towards something else like a girdled 109 with good parts. Depends on what all you are willing to change on a setup.

I got a stage 1. 3.8 think I will build it and just sell the complete stage 2 motor.what you guys think its worth.

well looks like it has all crowler rods and billet crank,i may try to put this together and make a bad ass street car motor out of it ,or build or sell stage 2 3.8 i got.decisions decisions..any good machine shops near me(28752 n.c.) that has done oncenter motors ,setup for street usage?

Richard,

I got your message. I'll give you a call tomorrow.

Happy New Year!

Neal

I like to do the stage heads but finding nice headers and intake my down fall..if not i got some gn1 aluminums i can use just have to buy intake.

Because you can buy stage 2 intakes for $50 bucks all day long. You just have to convert them to fuel injection. You will also notice a trend where production style top ends have rivaled some of the best stage 2 top ends in competition. I am going to start a thread on that also.

They should that would be great better than looking all over the world for a set

Back