Stays of Execution

the Chicken has done very well.....ALL JEDI MUST DIE! AND THEN WILL WE ONLY HAVE PEACE!!!

Mustang GT with an exhaust kit was permitted a stay today.

Need to replace my blown up TA61 so I'll be out of commission for awhile.

I am now part of the "Don't horse sneeze your turbo for fun, Stupid!" club.

Mustang GT with an exhaust kit was permitted a stay today.

Need to replace my blown up TA61 so I'll be out of commission for awhile.

I am now part of the "Don't horse sneeze your turbo for fun, Stupid!" club.

A BOV will help with that... now I'm waiting for the flaming to start ..:rolleyes:

A BOV will help with that... now I'm waiting for the flaming to start ..

You are 100% correct, the BOV's unfortunately got a bad rap due to half the naturally aspirated ricers running around with them but by design, they will definitely help your turbo bearings live alot longer. No flaming here my friend :wink:

Since I like to keep things as stock appearing as possible, rather than a BOV, I'll probably go for an S ported 6265.

The BOV in California is also a big ol' hanging visual violation on the smog nazi visual inspection checklist, so rather than that hassle, the S ported inlet on the compressor side fits my needs.

The BOV in California is also a big ol' hanging visual violation on the smog nazi visual inspection checklist

Geez, that's crazy....California is really strict! PA is pretty loose...no smog police at all :biggrin: We are legally allowed to laugh at Prius drivers' here :wink:

Geez, that's crazy....California is really strict! PA is pretty loose...no smog police at all :biggrin: We are legally allowed to laugh at Prius drivers' here :wink:

Yeah...around here if you get caught laughing at a Prius, they picket your home and Arnold Schwarzenneger and Maria Shriver call you out in the public square for a flogging.

A pretty nice silver Roush Mustang survived yesterday...plate said LO FLYER or something like that.

Today some sport bike was let off without a challenge too...

Still waiting for my new turbo...:rolleyes:

A pretty nice silver Roush Mustang survived yesterday...plate said LO FLYER or something like that.

Today some sport bike was let off without a challenge too...

Still waiting for my new turbo...:rolleyes:

I drove the White car to work this am and with the E-85 and cold air I was a hunting but no takers. We will see how the ride home works out :biggrin:

Chicken did you ever decide on a turbo size ? BB or journal??

Chicken did you ever decide on a turbo size ? BB or journal??

Yup...
Precision 6562B DBB with the SP cover. 4" in...2.5" out and 0.63 A/R with the HD actuator.

FedEx man just delivered it this morning:biggrin:
...and I'm tempted to play sick to go home and...touch it...:biggrin:

Congrats on picking great turbo. I hope you have good tires and watch the boost needle.:biggrin:

Congrats on picking great turbo. I hope you have good tires and watch the boost needle.:biggrin:

I'm gonna try to just keep it at 18-19psi for street duty. I'm told it should produce the same power there as my current turbo did at 21-22 with the added benefit of waking up the top end some more:biggrin:.
Tires are 275/60/15 street radials until they dissintegrate:D....then I might go back to DR's for awhile...if the budget allows....:rolleyes:

Holding boost down to that level will last until somebody outruns you.:biggrin:

Controlling boost with these turbos can be a real challenge. They spool quickly and push a lot of air. Great problem to have but it can be nerve racking to see the boost at 30 when you have fuel and tuning for 20.

Keep us posted on how it runs.

Holding boost down to that level will last until somebody outruns you.:biggrin:

Controlling boost with these turbos can be a real challenge. They spool quickly and push a lot of air. Great problem to have but it can be nerve racking to see the boost at 30 when you have fuel and tuning for 20.

Keep us posted on how it runs.

True....true...
I don't think it'll take long for me to start turning the WG rod in....:biggrin:

I looked the 6265 over tonight and the WG puck hole is significantly smaller than the one on my TA61, so I'll need to port that a bit per Patricks suggestion before installing this thing.

Other than that....it's so perty:biggrin:

Tonight a chump in his new 335i still sporting dealer tags and a Dodge Turbo Diesel were spared a 2 for 1 kill. They raced each other....the 335i just barely pulled the truck so the truck was not stock.

Later a 4th Gen SS Camaro was given a free pass.