You can type here any text you want

Steering wheel slack....

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

macatoni

Buick Powered
How much is acceptable? I have about an inch of play up and down, and half inch side to side? Is this a bushing? Am i overly parinoid?

Also if anybody hasnt seen my other post im up and going on a set of 009's. Wow what a difference, its like a whole new car. Runs smoother, pulls harder, and idle is downright decent. Still got a few bugs though...
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161668

David

I had that problem fixed a year ago last spring. There are a couple of screws loose down in the steering column. After mine was fixed there was no play. Guy that fixed it said that pulling the tilt lever and letting the sreering wheel fly up wqas why the thing loosened up..
You can fix it yerself if you have the tools and patience. I paid the guy $75 to fix mine it took him 2 hours, I just watched and drank his beer.

HTH
Glenn

Wouldnt happen to know which screws specifically? Thank you for the imformation i will further investigate. I also assume he got to them from inside the car?

David

Not exactly, But on the fiero that I did repair, it is in the ares of the pivot ball of the tilt mechanism. I can try to look in the shop manual and identify it. the problem is fairly common on GM tilt wheel columns

Back