You can type here any text you want

Stock Cam- unopened Motor

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

SithLord

I just resently purchased a 87 T-Top with 30K, well taken care of GN. I though about changing the valve springs. The bolts on mods include the following list below:

1. 3" downpipe - Stock Turbo 18lbs boost
2. 42lb injectors
3. red armstrong 93 chip
4. upgraded fuel pump and alt hotwire kit.
5. Just purchased a scan master

I just want to enjoy the car be pulling the engine and moding it.

what exactly are your goals? correct me if im wrong the valve springs should be changed every 50,000 or so miles...

my vote goes for a good used hooker exhaust (or if you must buy new a pypes system works well with no drone either), and a razors alky kit and crank up the boost...tune for no knock and smile :biggrin:
also a turbo tweak chip is really easy and cheap to get it burned exactly to your specs if you do decide on the alky

Well, I just wanted to maximize the motor and current setup. The car 3 downpipe and stainless steel cat back system. I forgot type of mufflers.

I just resently purchased a 87 T-Top with 30K, well taken care of GN. I though about changing the valve springs. The bolts on mods include the following list below:

1. 3" downpipe - Stock Turbo 18lbs boost
2. 42lb injectors
3. red armstrong 93 chip
4. upgraded fuel pump and alt hotwire kit.
5. Just purchased a scan master

I just want to enjoy the car be pulling the engine and moding it.

Valve springs,timeing chain set,alky system and maybe a new chip and you should be good to go.Factory timeing gears were weak and stronger new springs on it would be asking for trouble.The alky kit lets you run 93 oct safer.Read and learn about the cars before you go hogwild buying stuff.Enjoy the car and good luck.

Tt

If your car is running fine dont mess with it. Alky kits is good, but when you start digging into the motor its going to be a life time affair. If thats what your looking for. At the low mileage of your car i would drive it on the weekends. If you want a strip car then build a roller and go all out.

New valve springs would be a great upgrade for your car, even at 30k miles. I wouldn't touch anything else inside your motor unless there was a problem.

No, pull that POS 30k mile engine and get a sbc in it.:rolleyes:

New valve springs would be a great upgrade for your car, even at 30k miles. I wouldn't touch anything else inside your motor unless there was a problem.

I changed the springs on my 60k car and it changed very little. I took my basically stock 14k car to the track and ripped off low 12's on a warm day with 19psi of boost and letting it shift into OD. How much of a difference would springs make?

If your car is running fine dont mess with it. Alky kits is good, but when you start digging into the motor its going to be a life time affair. If thats what your looking for. . . . .

VERY true, and well stated!

Well, I have noticed with these cars that everyone has a opinion on what works and doesn't work and most post lean toward rebuilds and racing at the track. I have 50% of the people say run race gas and spend the cash other areas that you would have spent on a ALky kit. I found out that if you change the springs, may wipe out the cam without oil additive (Torco). I was just following suggestions from this article posted in GM Hi-Tech.
Performance Fuel Pump - GM High-Tech Performance Magazine

I dont have much more done than you and im running 11.60's with alky and a used te-44 i bought off this site for like $350.00.I doesnt really take much to make em fast.octane/boost/11.0 afr and no knock.A powerlogger and wideband would make tunning a heck of alot easyer for you but could be done without.:)

oil

Just run a name brand diesel oil and you have all the additives everybody searches for. Been running flat tappet for years now.

You will live a happier life with a few more Benjimins in your pocket if you don't go overboard with the mods, just a couple of bolt on and keep the boost below 20 lbs and it will be a street screamer. Alky and 93 octane with good tuning tools like a Scanmaster will be your best friend. Maybe a TA 49, some 50 or 60 lbs. injectors , a Dutt neck intercooler, Turbo Tweek chip, shift kit in the tranny. It will impress you and your friends when you tell them it is almost stock.

You will live a happier life with a few more Benjimins in your pocket if you don't go overboard with the mods, just a couple of bolt on and keep the boost below 20 lbs and it will be a street screamer. Alky and 93 octane with good tuning tools like a Scanmaster will be your best friend. Maybe a TA 49, some 50 or 60 lbs. injectors , a Dutt neck intercooler, Turbo Tweek chip, shift kit in the tranny. It will impress you and your friends when you tell them it is almost stock.

x2...I already have more power than street tires should be asked to endure. Do you want to run DRs all the time? Even a TE44 above 20psi on a stock motor pretty much needs them on the street...

been using this for many,many years :biggrin:

hello people; I'd like to here more on the diesel oil usage. But I'm on board with the leave it alone thing and cumming here will give you ideas and will get you to spend more on your car. Keep the basic maintenace up and drive it. In the past here there was a guy driving his TB on a road course going sideways thru the turns and he says it was un unopened engine with a boat load of miles on it. Have fun.
IBBY

Back