You can type here any text you want

stock Oil Pan enough

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Larry

Should be starting the motor by the end of this month. T/A Long block- 273 Cu/In. 230/236 solid roller. Will run it at 7,500 rpm. Looking at it on the engine stand- I am having 2nd thoughts about the oil pan. I have a stock one on there with the front cover oiling sys- It has T/A high volumn pump. Am I asking for trouble or is it not to big ah deal? Larry

I think you'll be ok if you have a good baffle installed. Probably be better with an extra quart of oil to keep the pickup covered.

Dave

I wounder if Lee Thompson is checking in here. I understand he has made a few pans. Lee- you out there? larry

Get a larger oil pan. I built a 12 quart pan and I am not sorry I did. I have never had an oiling problem. I have a Stage II motor in my car. I also use a Duttwiler external oil pump.

Talk to Jason Cramer (RJC Racing) He's got his prototype oil pan complete. I saw it today. Looks good! He's added a couple of inches to the bottom sump, and it's baffled as well...

Originally posted by Turbo Riviera
Talk to Jason Cramer (RJC Racing) He's got his prototype oil pan complete. I saw it today. Looks good! He's added a couple of inches to the bottom sump, and it's baffled as well...
problem is jason said hes not making them for the stage motors. maybe if we gang up on him! j/k the pans do look great. jason makes nice stuff.

billet fabrication sells a stage pan for 500 compared to 650 for the others.

Back