You can type here any text you want

Stock rod HP?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

SS/GN

How much will the stock rods support in HP and boost.Lets say mag shot peen ,bush the ends ,new ARP bolts and resize a good set of stockers:confused:

Kevin

I keep hearing they will support low 10 sec power. The next question is for how long? :rolleyes: It's more cost effective to go ahead and get a set of new stockers. ;)Weber sells them.

Highway Stars (NOS4GN) has brand new stock rods on sale for $129.00!

By the time you pay for all of your mods to a stock rod, you are almost there with money for a set of K1 rods. Don't waste your time. But to answer your question, a stock rod is good to the low 10 second zone. The stock rod bolts do not need replacing. I have never seen a properly torqued rod bolt fail. The rods will bend if detonated hard. Even a billet Carrillo rod will fail if detonated. The stocck rod has been run at 750hp. But again they tend to bend pretty easy.

If he does the K1 rod he might as well do the forged crank as well. :eek: Then if he does that he might as well stroke it. :eek: Then it will keep snow balling.:(

I keep hearing they will support low 10 sec power. The next question is for how long? :rolleyes: It's more cost effective to go ahead and get a set of new stockers. ;)Weber sells them.

I thought the K1 rods were chinese made?:confused:I may be wrong that is why I started a seperate post on rods.My thinking is if you take a stock rod and refurbish it at a good machine shop you have a better idea of the end product:).To buy chinese rods and just install I am concerned of the quality:eek:

Kevin

We have a 3550 lb car running 9.70's-9.80's on stock rods. Two seasons on the motor so far. The car belongs to James Rasmussen (gn1090ss). Maybe he needs to change his screen name to gn970ss :D

We have a 3550 lb car running 9.70's-9.80's on stock rods. Two seasons on the motor so far. The car belongs to James Rasmussen (gn1090ss). Maybe he needs to change his screen name to gn970ss :D

Wow! Now that's fast on a stock rod. Any special prep work done to those rods John?

They were resized with ARP bolts, but I wouldn't have even used the ARP's. I put the motor together & the owner decided he wanted them. The big thing I have found with the stockers is that they will bend if detonated. Were talking a very slight amount on the ones I have seen. You will find the piston just slightly cocked in the hole (.005-.010). My opinion is that the stock SPS bolts are plenty for stock rods.

Back