You can type here any text you want

Stock stroke or go to a stroker kit?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
You don't need 700rwhp for that goal. 700rwhp should be in the 9's. Correct me if I'm wrong guys.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app
Yep...low 9's
OP got way way way too much turbo for a mid 10 goal. Te45a or a 6265 will put him spot on....with room to spare.

Ok so then if I ran the stuff I have and get just the steel crank howuch power would it have to the tires with a good safe tune

Ok so then if I ran the stuff I have and get just the steel crank howuch power would it have to the tires with a good safe tune

Enough for your goal.

And another question since that pretty much taken care of. Can I build that my self using stock clearances or should I still take it to someone to build? And if so who is a known PRO builder in the fl area

And another question since that pretty much taken care of. Can I build that my self using stock clearances or should I still take it to someone to build? And if so who is a known PRO builder in the fl area

Don Cruz is in FL right? Well worth the $ but you'll probably be on a waiting list even if he'll do it. Cruz missiles power the fastest 109s in TAI & TSM racing and he runs TSO himself but I think he uses a TA block. He knows how to put them together though.

JD's tai car is in the 9's and Jason White's tsm car is in the 8's. Jason went 8's on a 67mm turbo!

The Cruz Missle is the man. His work is amazing. I have spent several race weekends around him. He is a top notch guy.

Does anyone have his number or a way to find if he builds for the public?

The main thing I want is a mid 10s at the track and ride around on the street with low 11s or high 10 and not have to worry about it if I want to race it on the occasional sat night
Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app[/quote

I know someone running 10.50 on stock crank and main caps..just add a engine girdle to what you have and your short block should be fine for 10.50 et ..with a good tune!!!!

motor 004.JPGmotor 008.JPGfirst Vacation  GN Parts 021.JPG looking to make over 750hp, I feel the motor is the easy part, its all the supporting add on decisions that cost big money and time.... And Yes it is a Stroker, and all other decisions are made by Bison (Brian)....getting close, just added a complete Ridetech suspension this week

I went back and forth with the girdle, but I am not racing this car but a few times a year so no girdlemotor 005.JPGmotor 007.JPGmotor 006.JPG I also picked up these supporting goodies to help, Plus I have a killer cam that sink up with the heads and turbo.... It will be ready for next year

View attachment 195285View attachment 195286View attachment 195288 looking to make over 750hp, I feel the motor is the easy part, its all the supporting add on decisions that cost big money and time.... And Yes it is a Stroker, and all other decisions are made by Bison (Brian)....getting close, just added a complete Ridetech suspension this week

Al, is that timing cover locked down or is it just on the engine for mock up? I see the tape I used to cover the oil holes for shipping is still in place!

The main thing I want is a mid 10s at the track and ride around on the street with low 11s or high 10 and not have to worry about it if I want to race it on the occasional sat night

You goal is exactly what I've achieved. Look at my sig. BTW, my block has steel caps, no girdle. And the turbo and torque converter are perfectly matched to the combo. VERY drivable. In fact, I drive 4 hours round-trip to the track with the A/C on and cruise control set.

Earl, Yeah just a mock up... I can't wait to put the S/S nuts/bolts in.. I always say the small things you can do in a project are always the things that Stand out. Thanks for the help...

Just checking. That little piece of tape could have you pulling your hair out!!

toomany, I have seen pics of your car, and I can only hope mine looks like yours and performs close to it, we have a lot of the same parts... That really only means I know how bad that hurts the wallet..

You goal is exactly what I've achieved. Look at my sig. BTW, my block has steel caps, no girdle. And the turbo and torque converter are perfectly matched to the combo. VERY drivable. In fact, I drive 4 hours round-trip to the track with the A/C on and cruise control set.

Are you running a steel crank or a cast crank?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

Back