Strange Fuel Pump Problem

FreeJack

Greetings All!

I've got a strange fuel pump problem on my 87 Turbo T. You know when you turn the key to "ON" and "most times" hear the fuel pump start and prime the system. Usually stays on for about 3 seconds. Well, mine stopped doing that. My fuel system looses pressure rather fast when I turn it off. I figured I have a fuel leak. So I checked most of the lines and find nothing out of the ordinary. What would cause the fuel pump not to prime in the starting process???

Thanks

A bad Fuel Pump relay. It is located on the passenger side fenderwell.

The relay is bypassed once the engine sees oil pressure, so the car will still start with a bad relay. It just wont prime with the key in the "on" position. :)

As far as losing pressure. How long until the gauge reads 0?

I'll check the relay. Thanks

I idle at 35psi. When it is shut down, I will hit zero in about 10 minutes.

I think I screwed something up when I chnaged out my fuel filter. The first time around I put it in wrong but switched it. Other tan that I haven't messed with the fuel system.

Leaky injectors? They are the original ones.

I could be wrong, but I think if the pressure holds for ten minutes, then you're fine. :)

Okay, I never really paid too much attention to the pressure until now. Which relay is it. next to the MAP sensor or the one closest to the firewall?

Thanks