Street/Drag car needs a transmission/converter/turbo

bison - i agree 9's should be doable on the setup as is atleast low 10's, and yes the video's show a pretty solid hook and go from both angles. I should get those hosted. I think one of my problems was that this 200-4r had a transbrake installed the way its set up i have no 1st gear because the 1st gear spot is the transbrake spot. When i shifted off the TB it shifts 1-2 on its own and wasn't revving 1st past 4500 rpm, i then shift into 3rd and actually i shifted a tad late and it hit the rev limiter.

The car only got down the track about 10 times totall and the first 5 wern't exactly balls out, they were pretty much make sure car doesn't flip and burn runs. I got the car as 1/2 a project car and some of the stuff the previous owner (project starter) did wern't what i would call safe. So precautions had to be taken.

this the blue one that went to Canada ??? :confused: ummmm 9 sec's are kinda fast ... 7 :eek: :biggrin:

bison - i agree 9's should be doable on the setup as is atleast low 10's, and yes the video's show a pretty solid hook and go from both angles. I should get those hosted. I think one of my problems was that this 200-4r had a transbrake installed the way its set up i have no 1st gear because the 1st gear spot is the transbrake spot. When i shifted off the TB it shifts 1-2 on its own and wasn't revving 1st past 4500 rpm, i then shift into 3rd and actually i shifted a tad late and it hit the rev limiter.

The car only got down the track about 10 times totall and the first 5 wern't exactly balls out, they were pretty much make sure car doesn't flip and burn runs. I got the car as 1/2 a project car and some of the stuff the previous owner (project starter) did wern't what i would call safe. So precautions had to be taken.

The governor in the trans can be modded for later shifts. 1 gram less per 200-300 rpm increase in shift rpm. You need a good gram scale to do it. Mine shifts at 5600-5700 with 2.5 grams removed. I ran through at 6000 up top with the high slip converter.

this the blue one that went to Canada ??? :confused: ummmm 9 sec's are kinda fast ... 7 :eek: :biggrin:

Yes same one, found on the other board. Great car but not entirely what was advertised, but it's been a blast to own and I after going over it I'm confident it's my car now not someone elses. Any of that is water under the bridge and all is well. And yes 9's are fast and in the end i may not want to go faster then 9.0 or 8.5 but who knows, I doubt I'll get that far then decide "ok thats fast enough"

Bison - very good to know that i could change it, i think this tranny is as good as replaced however. Been intouch with a guy with a 3.8 swapped toyota truck with a glide that swears i'll love it. I think thats where I'm going to start focusing some reasearch time.

Yes same one, found on the other board. Great car but not entirely what was advertised, but it's been a blast to own and I after going over it I'm confident it's my car now not someone elses. Any of that is water under the bridge and all is well. And yes 9's are fast and in the end i may not want to go faster then 9.0 or 8.5 but who knows, I doubt I'll get that far then decide "ok thats fast enough"

everyone has their own opinions whats right with a car .. I believe they all vary :p I changed a lot in mine .. have had it for over a year and put 50 miles on it driving to the chassis shop:eek: How fast do I want mine ???? don't know !!! JUST WANT TO GET IT BACK RUNNING :biggrin: Is you racing season over up there ??? good luck beating the hell out of the car :biggrin: I can't wait!

O ya racing season is pretty well over at the end of October, there's one kinda "outlaw" kinda "hillbilly" track in Michigan thats open till it snows but there isn't much slow down room and well i dont wanna chance it. So it's car working on season here.

its SBC time, Small block chevy with aluminum heads and a good size turbo(88-ish), 400 turbo trans and U will have a better chance of meeting ur goal. Theres a crazy ass fabricator around here that just went 7.20 at 175mph in a lil Toyota, with a Mazda Rotary motor. The Turbo was the size of the motor so I know it can be done, but I wouldnt say his car was sreetable, but who knows. If u want to be reliable go SBC.

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: I Love Rotary motors. Youv've had one yu know. Ony drawback with older 12A's or 1310"s(not as much) as they gain wear through milage and timer went put. Loss off Compression> There'a more but I
don;t feel like typing, Great motors thoough...