You can type here any text you want

stroker kit

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

QUIP'6'

Brian Roman
took my motor to weber to get a short block rebuild. balance and reassemble with steel caps and roller cam install well it turns out my speed pro pistons are binding in pins which is a typical problem and the crank needed cut. well with the cost of diamond pistons rings and getting the crank cut i am only looking at $1000 more to just get an all forged rotating assembly which will eliminate 20 year old crank and rods plus give me the strength. well now i have another dilemma with another $500 for the purchase of a balancer and flexplate i can get a stroker kit. IS THIS A NO BRAINER? yes money is an issue but the extra $500 would be a major power increase over standard. WHAT GAINS DOES A STROKER GIVE ON THESE V6'S

What are your goals?
Jeff
dont really have any goals because of no roll bar. just want a healthy motor that will last. also running low boost. just getting tired of putting money in this car. up to 22,000 buck already!!! would like to have a torquey motor and if i want to turn up the boost want the power and strength there

i like mine it feels a little more grunty off the turbo and extra cubes are gonna help you spool your turbo easier.plus like you say it gets rid of the old stuff and i like internal balacing over external any day of the week. ive got the bearings in every external motor ive ever had but NEVER in any internal balaced motor that ive ever had lol but i know its very possible with those also

if your getting new rods,pistons why not go with a stroker,more torque and not much more ? to build.

dont really have any goals because of no roll bar. just want a healthy motor that will last. also running low boost. just getting tired of putting money in this car. up to 22,000 buck already!!! would like to have a torquey motor and if i want to turn up the boost want the power and strength there

If you are only at $22,000 why not go for the stroker. You are just getting started :biggrin:

Bryan

I JUST made my change!!

I did not want to shell out the $450-500 for block clearances too, but after reading this, I went ahead and called Bill from Weber, (minutes ago) and asked if I could still step up to the stroker kit. He informed me they did not balance the forged stock stroke assemble yet and I could still step up to it. :eek: He told me I will not regret the money spent. :cool: What was I thinking about. :confused:

I guess I can update my sig.

thats a good decision, aside from the extra money there is all positives and no downsides, well you may need to buy tires more often :)
ML

i like mine it feels a little more grunty off the turbo and extra cubes are gonna help you spool your turbo easier.plus like you say it gets rid of the old stuff and i like internal balacing over external any day of the week. ive got the bearings in every external motor ive ever had but NEVER in any internal balaced motor that ive ever had lol but i know its very possible with those also
glad to hear. how much gain did you think you got for the money over standard stroke

if your getting new rods,pistons why not go with a stroker,more torque and not much more ? to build.
still on the fence because i am pushing the issue. was getting a billit tranny too but the motor will eat it up this year

If you are only at $22,000 why not go for the stroker. You are just getting started :biggrin: :eek:

Bryan

I did not want to shell out the $450-500 for block clearances too, but after reading this, I went ahead and called Bill from Weber, (minutes ago) and asked if I could still step up to the stroker kit. He informed me they did not balance the forged stock stroke assemble yet and I could still step up to it. :eek: He told me I will not regret the money spent. :cool: What was I thinking about. :confused:

I guess I can update my sig.
sorry if i cost you more money!!!

Get the Stroker!
dont twist my arm

thats a good decision, aside from the extra money there is all positives and no downsides, well you may need to buy tires more often :)
ML
thanks mike. with your cam i got and khai's ported heads and intake how much power do you think my combo will make with a stroker onver standard stroke?

Black Crack! Black Crack!! What ya gonna do when it comes for you! ;)

you aint kiddin

Quip, congrats on getting the stroker!

The added torque down low will spool a larger turbo quickly. You will need to address the fuel pump and injectors before you make a pass with it. The motor will be capable of a mid to high 9 and you do not want to go lean. I would also do a girdle but thats just me. Good luck and keep us posted.

Bryan

Yes , I know I jumped the gun, just giving him a nudge. :biggrin:

i dont know how much it gave me as i changed a bunch of stuff at once. i cant see not steppin up for not much money though. like i said also its peace of mind with all the forged stuff and i really like internal balance better than external.

Well got bad news today!!!! :mad: well it looks like they accidentally gave me the wrong quote!!! its going to be $2000 over my $2600 original bid and $2600 over my $2600 original bid for the stroker!:eek: thats a stretch for me this time of year because of the honey do lists:mad: so i might just stick with $500 over the original bid for pistons. i know i know i will regret it in the end. thanks for the help guys. donations can be made @ paypal my address is lpaulabbott@yahoo.com LOL!!!:biggrin:

Well got bad news today!!!! :mad: well it looks like they accidentally gave me the wrong quote!!! its going to be $2000 over my $2600 original bid and $2600 over my $2600 original bid for the stroker!:eek: thats a stretch for me this time of year because of the honey do lists:mad: so i might just stick with $500 over the original bid for pistons. i know i know i will regret it in the end. thanks for the help guys. donations can be made @ paypal my address is lpaulabbott@yahoo.com LOL!!!:biggrin:

so $5200 is the total

so $5200 is the total

yes that was line bore and hone for steel caps, and piston hone, machining registers on mains of the block from metal transfer. head work and cam degree and install, inspection and cleaning block and heads. ect.... along with stroker kit and balancing

took my motor to weber to get a short block rebuild. balance and reassemble with steel caps and roller cam install well it turns out my speed pro pistons are binding in pins which is a typical problem and the crank needed cut. well with the cost of diamond pistons rings and getting the crank cut i am only looking at $1000 more to just get an all forged rotating assembly which will eliminate 20 year old crank and rods plus give me the strength. well now i have another dilemma with another $500 for the purchase of a balancer and flexplate i can get a stroker kit. IS THIS A NO BRAINER? yes money is an issue but the extra $500 would be a major power increase over standard. WHAT GAINS DOES A STROKER GIVE ON THESE V6'S

Buy the Stroker kit you'll never be sorry you did.

Quip, i understand your pain.... its much easier to come up with 25-2600 than the 52-5500.... i would "build a stroker" in a second for the 2600.... its a little harder to explain to the wifey and justify over 5gs though:redface::D

Back