You can type here any text you want

Stroker kits

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

richardv6

i have a stage 1 3.8 and looking to build a stroker kit for it. Who sells best kit.i have seem a 5.970 and 5.960 rod lengths like the gn1 kits. And full throttle kits. One has he pistons and diamond Pistons. Anyone know who and what is best kit.

Last edited:
My kits use the Molnar 6.350 length rods. 4340 3.625" crank, Wiseco pistons and total seal rings. I can supply a custom piston set also. This info is not on my website. Please contact me for more info. Dave 516-285-1103

I bought my last rotating assembly from Dave, he a great guy to deal with and is very knowledgeable. I went 9.27@143 with that stock block shortblock.

Im looking for those same numbers, Daves bottom end, and full tranny, plus Bison put together the Cam/Heads doing rest of the build..... I think dave upgraded the seals and rings... I have been told it will be a monster...Im excited

ok I got a new ta stroker crank 4340 3.625 ,what is best rod lenths to use I have seen 5.960,5.970,and 6.300 wondering which be best and which be best for a durable piston

I am using in my new ta block a 4340 billet 3.625 stroke and a 6.300 rod. I ordered custom wiseco's for it. They have off the shelf pistons foe that combo to if you are using 3.8xx bore.

I got mine from Dave also and highly recommend. Night and day torque compared to stock.

We have the 4340 crank kits with the 6.350 Molnar rods and Diamond pistons, they have total seal rings and Trend Wrist pins.

ok I got a new ta stroker crank 4340 3.625 ,what is best rod lenths to use I have seen 5.960,5.970,and 6.300 wondering which be best and which be best for a durable piston

We especially use a stock length rod in most all our stroker builds as the longer pods locate the pin higher in the piston. Unless the customer want a longer rod, we stay with stock length in all our builds. Simple logic is a shorter rod is lighter than a longer rod.

From our personal experience, and the only other "opinion" which I value in our use of stock length rods is from the most successful and experienced engine builder in the turbo Buick community who stated "rod length makes no difference in performance"!

With a stroker and ported irons what kind of rpm range/shift point should you expect when using a hydraulic roller cam on a street/strip setup?

Depends on what cam you end up with and the resulting power curve from the other components.

We especially use a stock length rod in most all our stroker builds as the longer pods locate the pin higher in the piston. Unless the customer want a longer rod, we stay with stock length in all our builds. Simple logic is a shorter rod is lighter than a longer rod.

From our personal experience, and the only other "opinion" which I value in our use of stock length rods is from the most successful and experienced engine builder in the turbo Buick community who stated "rod length makes no difference in performance"!

I think some people think, by having a longer rod, makes them a stud!
I personally see no reason to use a long rod, for the stated reasons.
on a N/A motor, maybe, but a turbo ed motor? nope!
Nick speaks from yrs and yrs of experience, ( yea, he's that old!)
and the other "expert" is "that" an "expert"

I think some people think, by having a longer rod, makes them a stud!
I personally see no reason to use a long rod, for the stated reasons.
on a N/A motor, maybe, but a turbo ed motor? nope!
Nick speaks from yrs and yrs of experience, ( yea, he's that old!)
and the other "expert" is "that" an "expert"
You're old enough to remember setting your dwell time on the distributor Lee, so what happens if you increase it? The same thing happens with an engine when you increase the dwell time on the stroke of an engine. Increase of charge.;) If you use a longer rod and shorter piston on a stock stroke engine you get a longer dwell time for the piston which changes the way the cylinder charges slightly. It also changes the knock sensitivity of the engine. Granted, this is minor on an NA engine but on a turbo engine this can play a deciding factor in a race. If you used the same exact factors for a stroker as with a stock stroke engine the gain in power wouldn't be as much.:D

Can you please add more detail on the effect of longer / shorter rods in a stroker turbo engine? Exactly HOW does it effect knock sensitivity, how does the increased dwell from a longer rod effect performance? I find this thread starting to get very educational for me. Thanks

Can you please add more detail on the effect of longer / shorter rods in a stroker turbo engine? Exactly HOW does it effect knock sensitivity, how does the increased dwell from a longer rod effect performance? I find this thread starting to get very educational for me. Thanks
With a longer rod, in an NA or a turbo engine, the piston has a longer amount of time to stay at the top and bottom of the stroke. This is dwell time. The longer that piston stays in that position means the static flow of the air/fuel mixture, or exhaust, will come closer to a stationary flow rate. In other words, more will move due to the fact the piston has stopped moving for a fraction of a second longer. This increases the cylinder charge as well as turbulence, which reduces the chance of detonation to some degree. Is that clear as mud or should I throw some more dirt in the water. :D

Back