You can type here any text you want

Subwoofer box help please

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Sal Lubrano

I have two 12's and want to put them in the trunk on the deck lid. Can some of you please post some pics of how yours are mounted. I need some ideas on how to build the box shape also which direction to point the speakers.
Thank You

Not going to fit. Best way is an enclosed box and port into the middle of the deck lid.

Do you mean on the package shelf? If so, they will fit. I've had multiple boxes using 12's there.
John

Direction has been a changing topic for years. First it was front, then back, then front, then sealed port front.........

IMO the best way to do it is to put them firing forward in a sealed box and do your best to seal the enclosure from the rest of the trunk! That way all sound fires forward!

i got 2 12 in my car and it sounds good i got them on the shelf faceing the rear thay r mtx road thunder 1.25 cube air space each i realy like the way is sounds it is a seald box

Heres the thing, You cant just make a box, w/ a mystery length/diam port into the shelf. It may tune the box to a high freq regardless of what the x-over is set to allow. In 99.9% of car systems, sealed small boxes are most musical and user friendly. Ported boxes are BIGGER, not smaller, harder to tune, and much more prone to builder error. Also, Box volumes are according to your sub, not just size, but the brand, model and # of voice coils. When you buy subs, ask alot of questions, be honest w/ the dude at the shop what you enjoy listening to (even if you are a closet rap guy like me) and allow them to lead you to what you need. Theres no reason a good pair of 10"s in a sealed box w/ a few hundred watts of REAL power cant please you....even if you like Nelly. I had 2 10"s doin almost 140db....(1000 watts on them though) thats all you'd ever want or need.
Also, generally speaking, subs sound better facing the rear to allow the wavelength to make your ears hear the subs sweet spot of design. Low bass freq need a longer path to make accurate sound, and nothing sounds worse than a sub woofer cone,(maybe port noise) so allow some room. Also SPL can rise w/ deflection, but so can rattles.

Back