You can type here any text you want

Suspension Preload for coilover setups

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

karolko

I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on corner weight percents, the spring rate they use, shock length and preload they use on their coil over setups.

I will be running AFCO coil over mounted off the axle, but trying to set some background info.

Some people say that the only job springs have are to keep the body up, and that the shocks do the most work when it comes to hard launches. Other say that springs and preload can help out with dialing in a suspension setup.

Hopefully this will be helpful for more than just me.

Adrian

You want to try and avoid preload if you can. When you preload the suspension to aid in starting line hook, you get equal and opposite effect when you jump on the brakes at the finish line that can cause the car to dart to a side. If you can you should try and use shock settings to help with your launch. Shocks only act when acted upon. Where preload of the spring is always present.

Laz is this why people opt to place weights in their car to adjust their weight percentages.

Are weight percentages something i realy need to loose sleep about or will adding a HR bar or a Wolfe setup really help to equalize rear cross weights.

Does preloading suspension drastically alter braking charecterisitics??

ARB is an excellent choice. What you really need to do is make a pass and see what the car is doing so you can adjust it for what it needs. How much preload and how hard you jump on the brakes, weight of the car will determine how braking is effected.

Back