You can type here any text you want

Sutds or bolts?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

azcode3gn

I have to replace my head gaskets. I was thinking about using head studs instead of head bolts. Is there any issue with installing the heads with studs while the block is in the car?

If heater box is still in car you will need to place head on first and then screw heads studs in. next double washer the out side two under the rocker cover. ( TRUST ME ON LAST STEP)

If heater box is still in car you will need to place head on first and then screw heads studs in. next double washer the out side two under the rocker cover. ( TRUST ME ON LAST STEP)

???

Why do you say that? I have never done that, no issues. I also don't know anyone else that has done that at least as far as I know.

Why 2 washers?
If the studs are in the right holes you shouldnt need 2 washers on them. There are 3 different length studs in the ARP stud package.

Bryan

Why 2 washers?
If the studs are in the right holes you shouldnt need 2 washers on them. There are 3 different length studs in the ARP stud package.

Bryan

Talk to jason at RJC he told me ARP does not have enough threads on outer bolts causing nut not to be TQ down correct

My next question, What's the best way to clean the head bolt holes in the block? I appreciate the advice Smoke with installing the studs.

My next question, What's the best way to clean the head bolt holes in the block? I appreciate the advice Smoke with installing the studs.

thread chaser or a tap is the best than a little brake clean. been threw this in spring now engine is at duttweiler

Back