You can type here any text you want

Swapped to a 4L80E

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I have one and it does not fit. If the floor wasn't there it would be fine. I emailed them and have not heard back yet. it says they respond in 48 hours. will see. I hate to spend more and have our fabricator make it work.
I made my stock crossmember work while I was waiting for mine to arrive. I still haven't installed it though. Thanks for the warning that it probably won't fit. :rolleyes:

My last 4L80E was in my 8T6 t-Type/LS turbo build.
I used the column shifter, modified the x member. Some welding but fairly straightforward
deal. I may still have some pics.
And no, no tunnel mods for 4L. 6L is a different deal. I do suggest trimming the tunnel pinchweld.
How did you connect the rod off the column to the 4L80 so the reverse lights work and safety neutral switch etc..

How did you connect the rod off the column to the 4L80 so the reverse lights work and safety neutral switch etc..
We extended the stock linkage. Quickturbov6 did the work and does the mod for others.

We modded the stock xmember. But the hr-parts trans mount will likely work with the adapter plate flipped. (Which I plan to try)

I made my stock crossmember work while I was waiting for mine to arrive. I still haven't installed it though. Thanks for the warning that it probably won't fit.
I ended up using it. We slid it in there and twisted it into position with a pipe wrench. If it was straight on the left side, it would have fit better. Its not right at all. mount wasn't even close. We pulled down on the trans and the mount kind of fell in place but its not right. I was going to notch mount like Bob did on his. After all, that I looks like the exhaust is going to hit it. I just can't win. This is made a for an LS engine or v8 with dual exhaust

We extended the stock linkage. Quickturbov6 did the work and does the mod for others.

We modded the stock xmember. But the hr-parts trans mount will likely work with the adapter plate flipped. (Which I plan to try)
Bob on the shift cable bracket you have c-351 listed. Shiftworks shows a bunch of kits with same number. Do you have a specific part number? Thanks for all the posts you have put up here. Huge help.

Back