You can type here any text you want

Swapping Engine, Need to make a Choice :)

• Thread starter Thread starter Yellowknifer
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Tony call H&R

Give Paul a call he has experimental poly mount for sale for the TTA.If not I have heard since most auto places only carry on side of the motor mounts that they are interchangable.I think they sell for $30 apiece.:cool:

My thoughts were that it would be much easier to find an old turbo buick block and freshen it up than it would be to find a complete tta setup :). I don't care that much about Air Conditioning, that's what windows and T-Tops are for :D. Stage 2 3.8l tta ? :D :D :D

Also on another note... Any decent online wrecking yards? There is only 1 junk yard around here and I'm sure I won't find anything useful there :). Also I live about 1800km from the nearest major city... There is a scrap yard in Edmonton that is pretty good, but I can only do that over the phone or maybe fly down...

Hi guys I'm new to the list. Anyway I too am doing this coversion. I have an 89 formula that will receive the 3.8 in the next couple of weeks. The only thing I lack is the engine stands hopefully hr will have them available soon. With my car being a formula will this make metformula #1

Good luck w/ the swap!

Yellowknifer, sorry I don't know of any good online salvage yards.

i was wondering exactly what wires you spliced in to get the turbo buick harness to work properly in the f-body.

I am doing a swap with a 85 TA using a 89 TTA harness and am trying to figure out what modifications need to be made to the car-side of the c100 bulkhead connector and/or the i/p connector (c209 and c207 i think) to get this running.

any help appreciated.

so you plugged it (tta harness) in (to TA bulkhead and i/p) and it worked without ANY problems?

or was there splicing and repinning involved?

well i have an actual TTA motor

the only problem i have is the tach doesn't work, no biggie i covered it with a monster tack, nnow i have an 89, not sure if its different than the 85

Allright, the underdash harness side of the ecm is located on Gnttype.org.

I only used pins N, M, K, J, H, F, E, D, & C.

N= Park/neutral signal to ecm
M= Ground for P/N signal, & VSS
K= Goes to VSS, (For me, I'm using a painless wiring VSS, one wire goes to ground and one to this pin)
J= Goes to ALDL pin E
H= TCC signal, also ALDL pin F (I ran a gounded toggle to lock up torque converter when racing)
F= 12+
E= ALDL pin B
D= ALDL pin H
C= Service Engine Soon light (This is a ground, light must have constant 12V)

For the bulkhead at the firewall, It was more of a trial and error type thing for me. I have a schematic for the bulkhead of an '87 Camaro, but it didn't really help me any. If you need it, shoot me another email with a fax number, and I'll fax it to you. Good Luck! If I can help anymore, let me know :D

By the time you are done with the swap and getting everything together think about a single turbo TPI. Just a suggestion. It's cheaper to redo a SBC than any other engine.............

Originally posted by trading t/a
By the time you are done with the swap and getting everything together think about a single turbo TPI. Just a suggestion. It's cheaper to redo a SBC than any other engine.............

I got my motor and had it in for around $2600, no way you're making a reliable turbo tpi'ed SBC for that little $$

Back