t/a or gn1?

six slinger

hey guys building a mid 9 sec street car with a t/a aluminum block,and a pt76gtq. i was planning on going with gn1 aluminums race ported,but i heard they are still prone to cracking,ive heard from some local racers that the t/a heads are much sturdier and perform better. any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

TA all the way and don't look back. The TA heads have the provisions in them to take advantage of the cooling mods you can do with that block. When you order them, ask Mke to do the cooling mods.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

TA hands down. All you have to do is pick up a bare TA head and it weighs about as much as a fully assembled Champion head. Both have similar flow potential but the TA heads are more durable.

Neal

I'd give Dan at DLS Engine Developement a call. He set my TA heads up real well and we ran 8.48 @ 163.3 on our 1st track outing and we didn't even have it turned up.

I agree the to this point I have not seen or heard of a set cracking.

I'd give Dan at DLS Engine Developement a call. He set my TA heads up real well and we ran 8.48 @ 163.3 on our 1st track outing and we didn't even have it turned up.

I agree the to this point I have not seen or heard of a set cracking.

Maybe i should give Dan a call also, to help me break 200 hp level with my TA heads.:confused:

Ta

I just ordered a set of SE Heads that I will do the Race Porting...:eek:
Hope that I don't mess them up....:eek:

I say TA as well....:)

The CNC TA heads are done by an outside firm which uses data that TA developed.

They do a very good job, and we did further work on mine. The CNC work saves hours of hand porting and is a very good starting place to obtain max flow.

For most 9 and 10 sec. applications, a good shop can easily do this with only hand porting.

This is certainly true in your case with the excellent port job Dan did on your TA heads that put you way into the 8's!

The CNC TA heads are done by an outside firm which uses data that TA developed.

They do a very good job, and we did further work on mine. The CNC work saves hours of hand porting and is a very good starting place to obtain max flow.

For most 9 and 10 sec. applications, a good shop can easily do this with only hand porting.

This is certainly true in your case with the excellent port job Dan did on your TA heads that put you way into the 8's!

Thanks for the follow up. :cool: