T44 upgrade???

Superskwrl

Well i have a turbo i believe to be a Te44, it has a 2 3/4" inlet/2"outlet, i tihnk when i measured the small part of the impellar it was 57mm? and from what i have been told this turbo is = to a 60-1 hifi, and was wondering what the largest impeller could me used in the existing cover and what is the largest cover/impeller combo i can use, i'm assuming its a "small shaft"

I have been searching around online tryin to figure it out from the various turbo makers, but i think despite them all being in competion they have go together and decided to all have there own pn# matrix to confuse me, I have looked @ limit engineering who i have heard many good things about, but i dont see anything that resembles a 60-1 hifi, then i look @ PTE and there is 2-3 different pre fixs for each #?

FWIW this is a on center turbo, on of all things a mustang (sorry)

Thanks, and info is greatly appreciated

Of what I understand you cant just change to a different wheel without having the housing machined for the different wheel itself..I wish it was that easy..I would be buying a differnt combination to try..change an intake or exhaust wheel to cater to what I think I might could use..dont know if this is what you talking about doing or not but thats how I read it anyways..sorry if not..
Brian

I have no problem with havin the cover machined, just wondering is there is more room in my current cover or if i have to go to a T04e and if so where i can get 1 reasonably priced,and if its something i can do mail order, ie get the cover and wheel together then swap it

A TO4B 60-1 compressor will measure 59 mm at the inducer. A TO4E 60 trim compressor will measure 58 mm at the inducer. You may have a TO4E 57 trim, which is 56.6 mm . Depending on the cover you have, you might be able to go to a TO4B 62-1 compressor which is 62 mm.