You can type here any text you want

TA Block-bore size

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

gnxtc2

Staff member
In the process of building a TA block. Hung up on the bore size. The dilemna is between going the full bore = 4.000 or going smaller (3.913 LS1 overbore size, more on this size later in the post).

Since this is a Stage motor and will see high levels of cylinder pressure, going with a Hellfire rings. Now with that said, there aren't too many sizes available in Hellfire rings. The Hellfire rings around the aforementioned sizes are 3.9xx (99mm) then jump up to 4.000. Also looked at the Total Seal equalivant, TNT rings same as the Hellfire sizes.

Now it get a little more intriging. The sleeves on the TA block are .110" thick on the walls. Boring it out to 4.000 leaves the walls at .060" :eek: . Also going to 4.000 leaves no more overbore sizes incase of mishaps.

It was mentioned to me how about stainless rings, but I have no experience with them. Also mentioned, were steel rings with nitriting, but am hestitant about using them. They might flake at higher pressures and if the is any detonation present.

Opinions?

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

I've run 4.00 bore on a few T/A blocks with no problems. One has made over 950 RWHP on a mustang dyno. :)
CC

I'd do the smaller bore. I also wouldn't be hung up on the ring type. I have used both hellfire and plain plasma moly and couldn't tell a difference.

Back