You can type here any text you want

TA Perf header-to-crossover gaskets...anybody have an alternate source for gaskets?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87LtdT

After less than 40 miles driving (no track time) I had to remove the new TA crossover pipe from the new TA headers with new TA gaskets at the joints. Found both gaskets delaminated and unusable. I'd like to find something with more longevity and hope that somebody has found a suitable replacement gasket.

Thanks for info.

Bob

RJC Racing SS Cross Over Pipe Gskts

After less than 40 miles driving (no track time) I had to remove the new TA crossover pipe from the new TA headers with new TA gaskets at the joints. Found both gaskets delaminated and unusable. I'd like to find something with more longevity and hope that somebody has found a suitable replacement gasket.

Thanks for info.

Bob

Bob,

Suggest you contact Jason at RJC Racing....he's got some crossover pipe gskts / spacers in 304 Stainless that I've heard work great! Although I understand that these were actually designed for ATR's & Kenne Bell V band style cross over pipes, I believe they will fit T/A's too. Maybe someone else actually running these can verify this? You can contact Jason at jason@rjcracing.com

These are at: RJC Racing the leaders in inovative Buick performance

Here's some info from RJC's website.

ATR Crossover Gasket; this gasket/spacer goes between the flanges of the ATR/Kenne Bell V-Band style crossover header connections. This fixes the problematic leak with those style of flanges. Made from 304 Stainless Steel These will never warp or wear out. Laser cut and precision ground for a perfect seal.
$19/set.

Good Luck!

dave

Attachments

• ATRHgasketsm.jpg
    ATRHgasketsm.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 419
After less than 40 miles driving (no track time) I had to remove the new TA crossover pipe from the new TA headers with new TA gaskets at the joints. Found both gaskets delaminated and unusable. Thanks for info.............................Bob

Here is how I install a new set of TA/ArizonaGN headers, and have not seen that problem. :confused:

First, install the headers, but do NOT tighten the bolts. Leave them loose enough so they will move at the flanges.

Install the crossover and snug the clamps. Tighten all bolts and clamps progressively until they are tight.

Start the car, and after it is at operating temp for a while, turn it off and tighten all bolts and clamps. After the first "drive", check all bolts and clamps again.

Once the headers adjust to YOUR engine, all should be fine.

Send your address to my direct e-mail, and I will send you a replacement set of gaskets.

If..........

they are the same size as ATR header corssovers.
I used these, works great!
about $2.50 ea.

Attachments

• 100_0640.jpg
    100_0640.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 345
  • 100_0641.jpg
    100_0641.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 331
RJC gaskets

Bob,

Suggest you contact Jason at RJC Racing....he's got some crossover pipe gskts / spacers in 304 Stainless that I've heard work great! Although I understand that these were actually designed for ATR's & Kenne Bell V band style cross over pipes, I believe they will fit T/A's too. Maybe someone else actually running these can verify this? You can contact Jason at jason@rjcracing.com

These are at: RJC Racing the leaders in inovative Buick performance

Here's some info from RJC's website.

ATR Crossover Gasket; this gasket/spacer goes between the flanges of the ATR/Kenne Bell V-Band style crossover header connections. This fixes the problematic leak with those style of flanges. Made from 304 Stainless Steel These will never warp or wear out. Laser cut and precision ground for a perfect seal.
$19/set.

Good Luck!

dave

I put a set in @ BG last year and they are the best.

Thats funny, mine are clamped pretty tight, I used gaskets the first time I had them out for something, they got bad after a looong while. I didn't have time to order any more, So i clamped them up WITHOUT gaskets. Mine are still sealed and Not leaking. Now thats been awhile since i checked. That reminds me, I'll go check again tommorow, but im sure im not running gaskets there, only the triangle one.
I dont recommend you try it, but Im not using gaskets, just straight pipe and clamps.:D

I'm using the ones from RJC and having no problem with them sealing , the ones from T/A keep blowing.

Back