Tall ball joint question

Great thread on bump steer, tall ball joints, and GNX wheel house extensions... Nice ride, Geezy.

Great thread on bump steer, tall ball joints, and GNX wheel house extensions... Nice ride, Geezy.

Thanks! Bumpsteer issue solved but now I have slight rubbing on passenger side only and well “I could” lift up the car, but who wants to that? Lol... so hence the question about fender well extensions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My car is the same...rubbing on the passenger side only, when I hit a good dip in the road. I will eventually do the inner wheel house extensions. I need to buy that outer tie rod "bump steer eliminator" kit.

My car is the same...rubbing on the passenger side only, when I hit a good dip in the road. I will eventually do the inner wheel house extensions. I need to buy that outer tie rod "bump steer eliminator" kit.

I have it, really helps. Im thinking the body bushings are shot, only rubs on passenger side because the driver side wheels seems to go in more that the passenger, but I swapped wheel and its seem to be the car, so Bushings probably shot and front end shifted. I have the bushing kit just have not installed yet.

My problem exactly. My Dr side wheel sits inside the wheel well almost an inch more than the Pass. side... I was thinking that the front fenders were misaligned. But I've checked the gaps, done some measuring... I have not changed the body bushings. I think I have the same issue.

My problem exactly. My Dr side wheel sits inside the wheel well almost an inch more than the Pass. side... I was thinking that the front fenders were misaligned. But I've checked the gaps, done some measuring... I have not changed the body bushings. I think I have the same issue.

Im installing bushings on Thursday and I will let you know after the install

Thanks! Bumpsteer issue solved but now I have slight rubbing on passenger side only and well “I could” lift up the car, but who wants to that? Lol... so hence the question about fender well extensions.

You could loosen the body bushing bolts and pull the body over, or center the body on the frame when you install the new bushings.

Mine rubbed on the drivers side with 16x8.5 [4.0" back space] wheels w/ 255/50-16's until I ordered 17x8.5 wheels with a 4 5/8" backspacing running 255/40-17's.

My passenger front rubs on dips. Figured it was probably due to the weight of the battery.

My passenger front rubs on dips. Figured it was probably due to the weight of the battery.

See, what you do is take it out, get it up to about 128, and then mash the whoah pedal.

It'll all clearance itself.
33232534_10155586536040488_2867159406183710720_o.jpg

I was under the car today installing my UMI front brace & Im going to go ahead and assume its the body bushings. And if its not, well I needed to install since I have had the kit just sitting in the trunk of my GN for the past 6 months perhaps more.Or Ill just lift the car up a bit

44127d7054041c9f4cf289c5429a3f56.jpg

Passenger side

88570cc23412989a2a543c1805d8fd65.jpg

6440db4eceaa45d1497c2499ac8f8ab3.jpg

The crooked intercooler is a thing of its own. The mounting for them is interesting. The passenger side bracket has to team up with the coupler at the turbocharger outlet to hold that side up. If that coupler is mushy, it's going to sag because the sheet metal bracket on that side can't hold the weight by itself.

When I put mine in I level it on a jack, then really put the monkey to the coupler clamps, then cinch down the brackets. If the turbo outlet coupler is even a little bit worn and smooshy, I replace it.

The crooked intercooler is a thing of its own. The mounting for them is interesting. The passenger side bracket has to team up with the coupler at the turbocharger outlet to hold that side up. If that coupler is mushy, it's going to sag because the sheet metal bracket on that side can't hold the weight by itself.

When I put mine in I level it on a jack, then really put the monkey to the coupler clamps, then cinch down the brackets. If the turbo outlet coupler is even a little bit worn and smooshy, I replace it.

I think it was just the way I took the picture, but here is an update. Car wont be ready till Monday, Tuesday the latest. Mechanic says he is pretty sure that is what is causing the issue but will raise coilovers a bit also
56afe0fec0876f9647cd657f4fae57e0.jpg

9b0c8fa5f83339acfee76994c5b9b56b.jpg

I’m lowered 2” with wide tires that would rub badly on bad dips. Put the wheelhouse extensions in several years ago and problem solved. I was at Richard Clark’s last week, the fenders were off the car for paint when we compared some original GNX extensions to the fibreglass ones GNS sells. Identical size and shape.

I’m lowered 2” with wide tires that would rubbed badly on big dips. Put the wheelhouse extensions in several years ago and problem solved. I was at Richard Clark’s last week, the fenders were off the car for paint when we compared some original GNX extensions to the fibreglass ones GNS sells. Identical size and shape.