TCI trans in my T-Type.........

ACME RACING

( Adult Swim )
I've been getting some E-mails about TCI trans in my car , but our computer security system caught a virus in them. Don't if it is the same E-mail or not. Here's the info on the trans... :)

I bought mine from JEGs about 4 years ago and it's still going strong....It's been through "Banzai" ,tire smoking shifts with 3 people in the car ,plus heavy jacks and racing tires in the trunk and still shifts firm :) . I use Amsoil Trans fluid and have a deep trans pan........Here's some tech info from their web site:
==================================

Transmissions All bushings replaced with quality OEM parts from Federal Mogul and Clevite
All seal rings replaced with OEM rings such as Sealed Power
All gaskets and seals replaced with OEM parts
All steels and friction elements replaced with new parts: Intermediate Band Alto Red Eagle extra-wide Powerband™
Overdrive Clutches Borg Warner (3 used instead of OEM 2)
Forward Clutches Borg Warner
Low/Reverse Clutches Borg Warner
Overrun Clutches Borg Warner
Direct Clutches Alto Red Eagle

High Performance turbo Buick Servo (BRF) assembly
Overdrive and Low Roller clutches replaced with new Borg Warner units
Pump modifications include a 10-vane rotor; new stator support tube with hardened splines; enlarged seal drain back passages; staked pump bushing; front seal retainer
Higher mainline pressure from special TCI® pressure regulator spring and 0.500" diameter TV boost valve raises torque capacity
TCI® Trans Scat kit installed for firmer shifts
Shift points calibrated to turbo Buick (BRF) specifications by utilizing a properly calibrated governor and specially machined components in the valve body
Torque Converter Clutch Valve modified for improved lubrication flow during lock-up
Universal Lock-Up kit installed which makes retrofits into non-computer vehicles a snap
Applications Engine Lock-up Non Lock-up
1981-90 TH-2004R, 27-spline Chevy, Olds, Pontiac V8 381500 381060 2
1983-87 TH-2004R, 27-spline 1 Buick turbo Regal V6 381000 381060 2

1 Will plug directly into OEM ECU

http://www.tciauto.com/gm/gm_2004r.htm

...Link for TCI

;) alan

I've had one in my car since I bought it. It was there when I got it. I just had it rebuilt by TCI for $250. That's what it cost every time you have it rebuilt. I had my converter restalled and figured it needed to be freshened up from all the 11 second passes it's seen. This is a tough tranny. It never gave me any trouble.

TCI

I have to thank Greg "the MeanBuick" Friend for helping me out and convincing me to get one back then.....Can't beat $ 250.00 for a rebuild , like a deductible on Home/Car insurance policy :D

alan

Yeah, and it's $250 every time you get it rebuilt for as long as you own it.:D

Cost

Cost about $ 1200.00 from JEGS.......I ordered mine on a Sunday and got it on a Wednesday.....It was shipped by R & L shipping..... Plus it has a 3 month warranty, enough time to do some testing .......

:D joe

converter

Originally posted by Buick T
Does it come with a new D5 too?

..It doesn't come with a converter ...I just got a higher stall converter ,TCI #243015 and bolted it in :)

alan