You can type here any text you want

Te 60

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

butch2000

Hi all , I'm a newbie here , great site ! I just purchased a 86 Gn , that came with a TE 60 , and precision intercooler , but no injectors , I would like to install the parts over the winter , what would be the best injectors to go with the turbo intercooler upgrade , will 42.5 be big enough ? who's making nice chips now ? I think Red is retired ? thanks for the feedback :biggrin:

Go with 60lb or 80lb injectors and never go back. They are almost the same price as the 42.5's. Make sure you get a matching chip for your combo. Does the car have a looser stall converter? If it does not, you will have issues spooling that turbo with a stock TC.

Zack

I have had 60's and 80's. I like the 80's better. TT chip and idles great

I run a te60

with 42lb inj, idles like a stocker, ( actually idles better now than with oem chip)
using stock converter, spool up is very similar to when it was with stock turbo,
and I still get 25 mpg!
depending on your goals, you could use the larger inj, but I wanted driveability as well as perf.
so I went with 42lb

I've always been told the 42.5's are hard to tune with? I would skip those go 65's. I currently have MSD 50's with a TE54 but want to upgrade someday to the 65's and a bigger turbo.

Welcome pilgrim! Go to the turbo-tweak web site and you will be able to get your chip and injector package from Eric, you won't be disappointed. Most of the guys running chips on here probably are running TT's. The older 42's were problematic, the newer one's are supposedly better. All lo-impedance injectors require the mod'd ecm.

Back