You can type here any text you want

terrible studdering/bucking problem

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

UnderdogGN

hi, i need some help with my cars new studdering problem. It started right after i put a new alky kit on it. It only happens when you ease into the gas, gradually building boost from around 3lbs on up. If you go WOT there is no problem. Also, the faster you are going when you ease into the throttle, the faster the bucking will start. Like if im going 65 in O.D. the bucking will start at 1lb of boost. And it does it in every gear except 1st. I dont think it is the alcohol doing it because the alky turns on at 9lbs. In need some serious help here!! This is getting really annoying.
thanks in advance

Sounds tranny related,hows fluid level,last time fluid and filter change?May be as simple as a trans kick down cable adjustment.

hmmm i never thought about the tranny...it makes sense though. The tranny was supposedly just rebuilt before i bought it, but it shifts like crap. The fluid is good and i dont know about the filter. I can try to reset the TV cable too.
thanks!
any more info is appreciated

Have you verified the alky isn't coming on before 9psi? Also, is the nozzle before or after the TB? If it's on the suction side it could be siphoning alky out slowly and puddling and once you get enough airflow, it slightly floods the motor. I'm not familiar with the new SMC kit.

Try disabling alky,watch the boost level though,may want to change chip if its an alky one to see if thats doing it.Its a possibility too.

im almost sure that the alky comes on where i set it, not positive though. I have the nozzle located in the turbo to intake adaptor so it isnt sucking alky. I remember taking the throttle body off when i put the alky kit on because i had to get the turbo off....and maybe the TV cable got messed up in the process. I will check all ideas that you guys gave me.
thanks alot!
keep the ideas coming

im almost sure that the alky comes on where i set it, not positive though. I have the nozzle located in the turbo to intake adaptor so it isnt sucking alky. I remember taking the throttle body off when i put the alky kit on because i had to get the turbo off....and maybe the TV cable got messed up in the process. I will check all ideas that you guys gave me.
thanks alot!
keep the ideas coming

im thinking it is the alcohol coming on too soon! i set the tv to factory settings and it is the same. So i checked to see when the alcohol is actually spraying, and its actually coming on too soon, sooner than the controller says. So i raised it up a bit and most of the bucking is gone.
thanks for the help guys!

This is probably lame, but is your car a high mileage car? Mine was doing that and it was the timing gear. It had stripped most of the teeth on it. It finally quit running altogether. Just throwing an idea out. Hope you get it fixed. Frustrating, isn't it?

actually my car has fairly high miles on it, 94000. It supposedly had an engine rebuild recently, but who knows. Anything is possible i guess so i will check that out. And about my previous post, the alky turn on point did not cure it, it just helped it out, so it still bucks like crazy.
thanks alot!
keep the ideas coming

hey underdog if theres anyway u can get some pics of how u have ur alky setup on the turbo adapter id like to see some pics of where exactly u have it to give me some ideas of wat to look for and do in the future thanx

Back