You can type here any text you want

Tested a BA Performance Intercooler today

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Keep twisting it all Jack.There is no need to defend your intercooler to me,I know how it works.And i am dont testing it.I would not even had tested it on Jims car but you wanted data from him before replacing it with your new one.This is why it was tested.Are you still gonna replace Jims as you said you would?The convertor was sent out and id loveto test your new one when we get it back.No BS just the same test.Must again i bring up his convertor though? THis is why it didnt go faster,Hell, ill even say it may have gone faster with your intercooler with the right convertor than with the BA.But hte Temps with the BA left me alot of room to turn it up more.The intercooler is already hung on a faster car just waiting on a track opening.Please read teh entire thread before making me repeat myself again. I said it was overkill for Jims Combo.You have the results of yours from sat.Please feel free to post what your intercooler did.

Jack,
Since you seem to be on this thread. The G.S.C.A. has asked me to find out who is running TSO. Are you in or are you out?

Sorry about the hijack Otto, but this thread seems to be going nowhere anyways...

(quote from Jack Cotton)
Don't think anyone is knocking the results or performance Scott has achieved, personally, I think it's an accomplishment so far. Just goes to show how much an IC may affect performance, if you want to look at it from that perspective. I look at a guy like Phil M, and see a low 10 second car run a 9 with an IC upgrade to one of mine. I see Steve S. do exactly the same, I'll go on to say, **** K 9.40's, Disco S 9.60's, Roy and Laz 9.40's, Dave R 9.60's and I'm sure many more. All these with stock blocks!!!! Now that was done with my old IC core, we now have all new cores so anyone with concerns of not being able to keep up with performance requirements need not worry...
(end quote)

Since Jack won't let this die, I would like to ask him this question for the third time and hope he gives a straight answer without spin.

Jack, who is running or has run 8's using "The Jack"?

How many of the above mentioned racers you listed will be running "The Jack" in 2006?

chevyII said:
Everone bow down the KING has spoken....Go back to your hole in the ground. Is there a middle finger smilie?

I knew there was an appropriate spot for this, we can add the Queen to it as well.............. :cool:

hey top gun i see it does not matter what web page its on you have to add your 2 cents with anything containing a freaking intercooler........

ba cooler

maybe if top gun would get his question answered he would be satified. i would like to know also. :)

odell4o8 said:
maybe if top gun would get his question answered he would be satified. i would like to know also. :)

Damn Jack. You better get on the phone and call every single customer that bought an Intercooler and ask them if they are going to still be using it. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Yep No secret agendas here! :eek: :eek:

V6 Beast said:
Damn Jack. You better get on the phone and call every single customer that bought an Intercooler and ask them if they are going to still be using it. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Yep No secret agendas here! :eek: :eek:[/QUOTE

Sully,

Its about being accountable we all know the answer to to dave's question I think cotton knows it too. If your happy with your cars level and performance then this info about the ba intercoolers, or any other intercooler really is meaningless to you since you have made a commitment to stay with one vendor, thats your choice and there is nothing wrong with it. Im sure jack is willing to help you out with any of your needs. but why get in the middle all the time it puts you in a odd position should you have to change intercoolers for what ever reason no ????? :cool: by the way good to see your up and running or close to it

V6 Beast said:

Yep No secret agendas here! :eek: :eek:

Sully, I would like to know how many of the guys he quoted not everyone he sold intercoolers to.

No secret agendas just 2 simple questions....still waiting for an answer Jack.

baadgn said:
V6 Beast said:

Yep No secret agendas here! :eek: :eek:[/QUOTE

Sully,

Its about being accountable we all know the answer to to dave's question I think cotton knows it too. If your happy with your cars level and performance then this info about the ba intercoolers, or any other intercooler really is meaningless to you since you have made a commitment to stay with one vendor, thats your choice and there is nothing wrong with it. Im sure jack is willing to help you out with any of your needs. but why get in the middle all the time it puts you in a odd position should you have to change intercoolers for what ever reason no ????? :cool: by the way good to see your up and running or close to it

Tony, it's called loyalty and trust, some of us have it, some of us don't. If Steve needs something to achieve the goal, we work it out and do what is necessary to make it happen. Some of us have more funds than others, that can open doors otherwise shut. I, like Sully and many others here can only do what we can scrape up to do. We make the best of what we can afford and try to enjoy as much time at the track as we can.... take that however you want, thats just the way it is. If Steve needs a bigger IC, just as OC, Ted and others decided they did, I offered to work it out, they declined... Steve and other are getting what is needed.

As for the answer to the question that so badly needs an answer, it was answered already to Teddy, apparently a public answer is needed, since every word I say is scrutinized to find something to dig on me with. I feel somewhat honored to be such a hit with the crusters.... it has become comical watching you all scramble. Your relentless digs and attacks, not to mention recruiting efforts of customers of mine is even more obvious.. and no doubt successful at times.

here is the response to Ted and Dave I answered a week ago to them, obviously they need a public release of this important info.....

"Originally Posted by JCotton
Ted, Dave

In answer to your concerns.... I did not call for help, I can delete, ban, lock threads if and when I deem it necessary. I do not take that responsibility lightly, nor do I use that to my personal benefit. What Jay did was a surprise to me, I was actually in the middle of responding to both of you and Daves garbage.
I will answer your concerns now, my statement was a mistake, it was meant to say many 9's and 8 second cars, period, thats all. Real simple real true. I also was going to say what an elite group the 8 second cars were, especially the ones running 76 turbos, of which I am one of them. Unfortunately my finger did not type as fast as my thoughts were going and I screwed up. Not a big deal, I planned to rectify it when I realized what I had done. My IC are all being upgraded, they have served their purpose and I am moving on. WHY CAN"T YOU? No information was ever deliberately widthheld. "

Now, back to Fox news........ Where's Bill O'reilly when ya need him....

baadgn said:
Sully,

Tony,

I appreciate your comments. Which one vendor am I sticking with? In the last 12 months I have purchased from: Jack, HRPArts, Champion, Weber Racing, RJC, DLS, John's GN, Anderson Performance, Kip Asplund, BWeavy, Caspers, Mike Savino, Janis Transmission, Full Throttle and I am sure I am forgeting some. I listen to and buy from a variety of vendors. I like to support the vendors that have been around supporting the community for a while.

Why is Jack accountable to answer anything Dave asks? Has he even even bought anything from Jack? I don't know, but the way he asks questions I wouldn't answer them either. :biggrin:

I actually do appreciate the information that was posted here although I don't think we learned much other than a big gigantic core cools better. It would have been nice to see if that equated to any increase in HP since the last car I know of that changed IC's and got lower temps went slower with them. Either way I don't think it applies to a combo like I am running. I think it is more for you faster guys.

Do I think Jack's old design IC is the best intercooler on the face of the planet? No. Do I think Jack intenionally mislead and lied to people? No. Do I think the people attacking him have. Well I think their posts speak for themselves.

I don't like people that tell lies on the boards to dis-credit and attack vendors. I don't like people that come on and slant info for their own personal reasons. Most of all I don't like people that don't have the class to handle things in a way that isn't reminesent of an elementary school playground.

So don't assume that when I jump in and defend Jack it's because I think his IC is better or worse. It's because he is my friend and been there anytime I needed him over the last 7-8 years. Didn't matter if it was on Sat or Sun or at Night, whatever. After I would spend hours trying to figure something to no avail I could call him and 9 times out of 10 he would say Oh is this.. or that and he was right on. When I need something at the track he is there. He has earned my respect and I would do the same for any of my true friends.

I haven't been 100% satisfied with everything I ever bought from him (or anyone else), but when I wasn't, I talked to him like a man and we worked it out. :D

If BA won't sell me an IC and Jack doesn't have what I need I still have a few other vendors left. I'm sure RJC would sell me one since I jumped in and defended him when the 3 sights were aimed at Utah. ;)

If BA won't sell me an IC and Jack doesn't have what I need I still have a few other vendors left. I'm sure RJC would sell me one since I jumped in and defended him when the 3 sights were aimed at Utah.

Hey............. damn you bought from all of those guys....... ;) :cool:

Your package shipped today....... it was heavy.. :eek:

JCotton said:
baadgn said:
If Steve needs a bigger IC, just as OC, Ted and others decided they did, I offered to work it out, they declined... Steve and other are getting what is needed.

You told me that there could be something wrong with my combo and I should box in the intercooler, drill holes in my bumper, maybe tuneup problem. Also, you never did make me aware of previous warnings from a customer of issues with this peice? heck, at that time you already switched to a bigger unit right?? Why wouldn't you tell a customer of yours this? I was forced to build a better unit, I have done that, no problem there.

As for the answer to the question that so badly needs an answer, it was answered already to Teddy, apparently a public answer is needed,

here is the response to Ted(Edited) I answered a week ago to Ted(Edited), snip(Why didn't you tell Dave, he asked not me) obviously they need a public release of this important info.....

"Originally Posted by JCotton
Ted, Dave

In answer to your concerns.... I did not call for help, I can delete, ban, lock threads if and when I deem it necessary. I do not take that responsibility lightly, nor do I use that to my personal benefit. What Jay did was a surprise to me, I was actually in the middle of responding to both of you and Daves garbage.
I will answer your concerns now, my statement was a mistake, it was meant to say many 9's and 8 second cars, period, thats all. Real simple real true. I also was going to say what an elite group the 8 second cars were, especially the ones running 76 turbos, of which I am one of them. Unfortunately my finger did not type as fast as my thoughts were going and I screwed up. Not a big deal, I planned to rectify it when I realized what I had done. My IC are all being upgraded, they have served their purpose and I am moving on. WHY CAN"T YOU? No information was ever deliberately widthheld. "

Now, back to Fox news........ Where's Bill O'reilly when ya need him....

Actually, Jack that was sent to me in a PM and I did not forward that as you did not tell me to do such, I guess maybe I should have. Why did you not edit your statement on that other thread since here you acknoledge that it is incorrect? Thanks for pointing out that out. The public reads that and takes it as face value. I thought you were being a smart azz with the "Ted, Dave" comment. As far as my "Garbage", on that thread I pointed out the statement that you made about Phil running 9's with just a I/C upgrade, made mention of that on this thread. I think I NICELY pointed out that there is a difference in the tracks, nothing more.

I might have missed it but

1) How much do these cost?
2) Whats the piping size, probably 3" but curious?
3) What are the slipping converters specs, stall, brand etc?

Any air to air IC pushing only 4 degrees hotter than ambient temps in the 1/4 at 28psi is incredible, almost unbelievable. :eek:

And if there are any engineers around they can back me up saying an air to air IC core is NOT going to net you lower temps than the ambient air, it goes against the laws of physics. Add alky etc, yes, but air to air lower than ambient at the end of the run, no.

Due to the cores much larger volume, spoolup is going to be an issue, not a big surprise or concern IMO. Same can be said for when you step it up in turbo size on the same technology wheels/housing.

DR.BOOSTER said:
I might have missed it but

1) How much do these cost?
2) Whats the piping size, probably 3" but curious?
3) What are the slipping converters specs, stall, brand etc?

Any air to air IC pushing only 4 degrees hotter than ambient temps in the 1/4 at 28psi is incredible, almost unbelievable. :eek:

And if there are any engineers around they can back me up saying an air to air IC core is NOT going to net you lower temps than the ambient air, it goes against the laws of physics. Add alky etc, yes, but air to air lower than ambient at the end of the run, no.
Cost will be released shortly.
3" is standard
it was an old ati redid by pats,wouldnt go less than 5800 of so
As far as below ambient,I would have to feel that the sensor used is not 100% accurate,off by a few degrees or so.I would say that the end temp would have been the ambient.
Hope this helps
back on track i hope :)

top gun said:
Sully, I would like to know how many of the guys he quoted not everyone he sold intercoolers to.

No secret agendas just 2 simple questions....still waiting for an answer Jack.

Dave, IF you want to know ask them yourself. He isn't responsible for answering stupid ass questions :biggrin: :eek:

ba coolers

no bull just facts. jack told me he would work with me on getting his new and improved cooler, sell my old cotton cooler and he would sell me his new coolers when he got them made, then he got angry because what was said in the chat room he said well i guess you wont be getting my new cooler, fine this is america i can buy anothers cooler, jack has smarted off to me four times in the past years and i let it slide but i didnt like what he said to me, im not mad at jack but ill never forget his remarks. THE END,

Back