You can type here any text you want

Tested a BA Performance Intercooler today

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Yep, D!ck Kerney owns it now. It runs mid 8's at low 160's with a PT88 turbo. D!ck recently added a new boost controller to make the car more consistant and easier to drive.

HighPSI said:
Yep, D!ck Kerney owns it now. It runs mid 8's at low 160's with a PT88 turbo. D!ck recently added a new boost controller to make the car more consistant and easier to drive.

Thanks Cal, did you get my email about Dusty's deal?

V6 Beast said:
Dave, If you only realized how stupid these posts make you look. :rolleyes:

I'm sorry Dave.... You have me confused with somebody who gives a **** what you think.

I used to respect you for your accomplishments.... Now I just think your an ass.

Sully,

You can run what ever cooler you decide but there is some merit to the fact that you are now going to run a new intercooler, but have been defending the old one to the max. Jack stated that jim romes cooler mats netted nothing in et or mph why make the switch. Jack saw no problem with his old intercooler on his car but yet made a change I think this may be the pattern that some people may be picking up on, just somthing to think about :wink:

V6 Beast said:
Ted .. Your opinion matters to me almost as much as Dave's.... Almost.

Hey Ted... when are you going to answer the question posed to you?? <Snip> I am waiting

They are in the logs that you have. :D

baadgn said:
Sully,

You can run what ever cooler you decide but there is some merit to the fact that you are now going to run a new intercooler, but have been defending the old one to the max. Jack stated that jim romes cooler mats netted nothing in et or mph why make the switch. Jack saw no problem with his old intercooler on his car but yet made a change I think this may be the pattern that some people may be picking up on, just somthing to think about :wink:

1st... Where did I post I was running a new intercooler?? All I said is I will being running one from Jack. Ted is unable to keep even the simpliest of posts straight without warping it or plain out lieing about it. You guys all assume that means a new one. Maybe it means I will be testing a new one and then run my old one. The only thing it means for sure is when I show up at BG you can bet my car will have a Cotton's FMIC on it. Then and only then will you know what cooler I am running at BG.

In the mean time do you guys have a problem with me testing another unit? I mean you always talk about the importance of testing units and when someone tries to do it all you do is attack them. Who should he have test it? The guy that can't quote 1 sentance and give an unbiased account.

Hey Ted ... where are the magic frames?... we are still waiting. ;)

Sully, upgrading intercoolers would be a great move for your new combo.
You would have to be a fool to put "The Jack" back on after all the carnage it caused you in the past.

top gun said:
Sully, upgrading intercoolers would be a great move for your new combo.
You would have to be a fool to put "The Jack" back on after all the carnage it caused you in the past.

The only fools are the people who care what you think. ;)

V6 Beast said:
1st... Where did I post I was running a new intercooler?? All I said is I will being running one from Jack. Ted is unable to keep even the simpliest of posts straight without warping it or plain out lieing about it. You guys all assume that means a new one. Maybe it means I will be testing a new one and then run my old one. The only thing it means for sure is when I show up at BG you can bet my car will have a Cotton's FMIC on it. Then and only then will you know what cooler I am running at BG.

In the mean time do you guys have a problem with me testing another unit? I mean you always talk about the importance of testing units and when someone tries to do it all you do is attack them. Who should he have test it? The guy that can't quote 1 sentance and give an unbiased account.

Hey Ted ... where are the magic frames?... <snip> I am still waiting. ;)

Go ahead and test it Sully, just make sure you get all the data needed and please don't be scared and not post the results like you did here. If you don't post the data, then we will assume you are protecting the vendor, since that is "YOUR" Agenda.

As I said to you, it is in your logs and the data is on this post. I am not going to help you find it.

Ted A. said:
As I said to you, it is in your logs and the data is on this post. I am not going to help you find it.

That's ok Ted. I know they don't exist too. :biggrin: :biggrin:

V6 Beast said:
1 Ted is unable to keep even the simpliest of posts straight without warping it or plain out lieing about it.

Please refer to comment made by Jack.

If Steve needs a bigger IC, just as OC, Ted and others decided they did, I offered to work it out, they declined... Steve and other are getting what is needed.

I take it because you "GOT" a Jack cooler, by the key word "getting" means you will be recieving something in the future, since you re-inforced that you "WILL" be running a Cottons FMIC then the possibility of it being anything other than that is ruled out. No lies here by me, but your true agenda coming clearer and clearer.

V6 Beast said:
Enough of this IC bs for me. I am sure that with you three as spokesmen that BA will be around a long, long time supporting Buicks :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

S.
I wouldnt say they are spokesman,Niether of them have one.They just know a product that work and the benefits related to cooler and safer Mat temps.

V6 Beast said:
I'm sorry Dave.... You have me confused with somebody who gives a **** what you think.

I used to respect you for your accomplishments.... Now I just think your an ass.

You can count on this: I will be running an IC I got from Jack this season. :biggrin:

Enough of this IC bs for me. I am sure that with you three as spokesmen that BA will be around a long, long time supporting Buicks :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

S.

Sully,

I know that I have been accused of being unstable BUT you had Jacks intercooler last season and got an intercooler from jack this season. Can you explain to me further what this means, I think the guys know what this means. How do you see it are you not going to be running, testing, evaluating a new intercooler this year !!!

I know I will regret this later.

I looked at those data logs and that is pretty impressive. That intercooler makes a difference, no question.

And yes there is a whole lot of slippage going on in that converter too.

The highest injector duty cycle I saw on those logs was 73% ???

I would hate to see what it does when the converter is right.

You were barely getting a 400 rpm drop between shifts.

Has anyone tried to put a magnetic pickup on the drive shaft and log it against the engine rpm?

Nice work in any case.

KLHAMMETT,

Any chance you can get your hands on a new V1 from Lonnie and even the new RJC?

That would make a great showdown as I believe the V1 still has the best heat transfer per core area and the RJC will give a comparison of bar and plate inlet temps.

The BA TSM version, same W and H but just 4" thick correct?

We will be running some numbers on a V1, some garret cores(nothing production though), BA for sure, the jack, and we may be getting some other units to test.

We will not be asking Sully to post any screen shots though. ;)

DR.BOOSTER said:
KLHAMMETT,

That would make a great showdown as I believe the V1 still has the best heat transfer per core area and the RJC will give a comparison of bar and plate inlet temps.

I agree, there is no question that the V1 (Fiscus, Lyons) and the V3(Gomes, Cal) has been used on the fastest TSO cars out there and they are still using them. Dequick made some excellent products that is for sure.

baadgn said:
Sully,

I know that I have been accused of being unstable BUT you had Jacks intercooler last season and got an intercooler from jack this season. Can you explain to me further what this means, I think the guys know what this means. How do you see it are you not going to be running, testing, evaluating a new intercooler this year !!!

Sure Tony I would be glad to explain it further.

Here it goes and see if ya'll can follow it. I will try and type slow. I still have the same IC I had last year on the car. I haven't gotten an IC from Jack this season. I may be testing a new IC soon but as of now I don't have any IC other than the one I had last year. Clear enough? :eek: :eek:

Hey Tony maybe now you can answer a question for me. What intercooler is responsible for all your blown motors?

V6 Beast said:
Sure Tony I would be glad to explain it further.

Here it goes and see if ya'll can follow it. I will try and type slow. I still have the same IC I had last year on the car. I haven't gotten an IC from Jack this season. I may be testing a new IC soon but as of now I don't have any IC other than the one I had last year. Clear enough? :eek: :eek:

Hey Tony maybe now you can answer a question for me. What intercooler is responsible for all your blown motors?

>>>Nice....

Back